X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Amplified TV antenna?

I live in the city and there are lots of tall building around so aparently I need an amplified antenna for my HD TV tuner card. I have a terk non amplified and can't get a good signal at all. My question is does anyone here have any experience with any amplified antenna's that you would recommend?
    Last edited by Hdale85; 26 January 2008, 17:42 Saturday.
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Magnum Dynalab makes a tunable non-amplified HD antenna that is <$70.
    Never tried it, but their rep is at the top of heap.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Yeah I was looking at AntennaWeb and some that they recommend... I think I might give this one a try.

Buy Winegard SS-2000 16" SquareShooter UHF Antenna with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Ended up getting a Terk HDTVo http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=210-238

Reviews were relatively good just hope its not enormous. See when it gets here. To help out this forum I spent 10 bucks more then I had to to get this antenna through PE I was ordering some other things as well though so was just easier to order it all from same place.

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

I got this on Amazon from Terk and even with me being almost 30 miles from some towers I was able to get HDTV reception with very little to no loss in signal (once in a while like with bad weather it would cut out) ...not bad for an indoor antenna that I set in the window... :T

Let us know how you like yours, it should do a good job!

Yours will be about 2' by 3', it's big, but not "huge."
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Yeah I have the non amplified version of that Pewter. According to that website I need something pretty powerful as there are so many tall buildings around.

Comment

• servicetech
              • Sep 2007

I'd pass on the amplified stuff. I've found a conventional outdoor antenna works the best.

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

I'm in an apartment can't use those big things. So an amplified is my only option.

Comment

• servicetech
                  • Sep 2007

Try putting the antenna near a window, you may have better results. When it comes to indoor reception experiment with different placements of the antenna.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"