X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hirogen
    • Apr 2004

Help connecting 2 subs to C2 balanced

I have 2 subs and I have 2 XLR cables, both are 3 mtr long.

Connecting the 1st sub to the balanced "Subwoofer" output on the C2 works fine. The 2nd sub when connected to the balanced "Pro 1" output on the C2 does not give any sound.

I programmed the AUX 9 channel to feed the 2nd sub 100% LFE.

What am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated.

(I know I can use a split XLR cable so I only need to use the 1 Subwoofer output for connecting the 2 subs but I already have these 2 separate XLR cables I want to use now).
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

Hmmm, wish I could help. Ive never fiddled with any of that. If I had the C2 here at home Id look it over, but alas I do not.

Ill take your problem over mine though, having to use a receiver as a pre/pro till Parasound sends it back to me, lol.

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
    Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• Brian
      • May 2004

What mode were you in when trying to listen? (stereo, stereo96, Dolby Digital, etc)
      I use 2 subs hooked up with xlr's just as you have mentioned and have no problem. However, when listening to 2 channel, the second sub doesn't play.

Comment

• Hirogen
        • Apr 2004

Brian,

I tried stereo mode. However, in the meantime I have contacted Parasound about this issue and now it works, also in 2 channel mode.

The advice I got is to feed *all* AUX9 channels 100% and set a lowpass filter to the crossover setting, in my case 50 Hz.

This way, according to Parasound, the second sub now receives a duplicate signal of the normal balanced Subwoofer output and that's exactly what I wanted in the 1st place so I'm very happy again.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"