X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iceman
    • Oct 2003

Parsound C1 versus the C2

I know this question has probably been asked a million times, can someone explain to me the difference between the C1 and C2. Im planning on buying one of the two this month and very undecided. The C1 has the lcd interface and the extra component input, but other than that are the processing components identical between the two. Thanks for any info.
  • nicholtl
    • Aug 2003

One of the fellas on this foum I'm sure will give you much better and more technical info, but since you're probably closely monitoring your thread like a hawk I figure I'd tell you what I know.

You pretty much stated what the differences were: the LCD screen and the extra component input. Because of the LCD screen, the C1 uses a different power supply from that of the C2. However, that is where the changes end. Parasound specifically states that there is no sonic or performance difference whatsoever between the two units. In fact, they even said that the honest truth was that they "underpriced the C2 to shake up the market a bit."

So basically, is the extra $2000 worth an additional input and LCD screen? If you simply MUST have the top of the line, then yes it is. If sonic reproduction is all that matters at the end of the day, then your $2000 saved can be $2000 earned.

Comment

• netarc
      • Jul 2003

Nichotl hit the nail on the head - that appears to be the only difference between the C1 & C2 ... the *wow* factor of the LCD, of course, is very tempting

Comment

• netarc
        • Jul 2003

FYI, there's a similar thread of this topic at AVSForum...

Sound quality for Parasound Halo C1 vs C2?

(rest of msg retracted)

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Well, I agree, the LCD does have its "wow" appeal, but it actually can come in very handy. If I am listening to a DVD-A or SACD, I don't have to turn on my main monitor just to flip through menus--some people may need to wait for their display unit to warm up as well. The LCD can display much more of the Halo option menus all at once. If I'm watching something on my main unit, I can preview/cue/select video to be output to my secondary zone as well without having to interrupt. Similarly, I can use the LCD to cue up another video source and have it ready to play on the main zone (i.e. a movie after a custom theater DVD intro) without interrupting the video already playing on the main zone. Lastly, some people use their LCD screen as security or baby monitors. Definitely useful.

Hmmm... perhaps I'll start a separate thread on LCD use....

CHRIS
          Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• iceman
            • Oct 2003

I actually work for a dealer that sells parasound so I get good deals. But if you could please email me and let me know what kind of prices you have. Thanks.

Comment

• nicholtl
              • Aug 2003

haha that's funny, two dealers talking over prices...

Where's Bhuskins in all this?

Comment

• iceman
                • Oct 2003

Thanks for the input everybody, but I decided on the C1. I like the idea of being able to do the adjusting on the unit instead of the television. The additional component in is good to because I use both dvd and dvhs. I placed the order today. Im very excited to say the least. I will post pics when I get the products.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"