X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goldear
    • Aug 2003

Irritating Lag Between Source Selection

Hi Guys,

My problem here deals specifically with switching from one powered "on" source (SAT) to one that is off (DVD). If I switch between these sources while both units are on, the Parasound responds instantly. However, if I'm watching Satellite and I accidentally hit DVD instead of Cable (and the DVD player is not on), I can't switch back to satellite or cable until after about 4-8 attempts. This could be normal if the Halo is attempting to locate a signal and gets momentarily confused...especially since it doesn't happen with powered on sources. If you guys can, could you please check to see if this occurs with your units. Thanks

Chris B
    Chris B
  • netarc
    • Jul 2003

I've currently only set a couple of inputs up to my C2, but have not observed this behavior when switching inputs.

My setup is a) DVD coax to VIDEO1 (coax1), b) DVD analog to AUDIO1, c) TV analog to VIDEO2.

Generally I have the DVD on ... but if I switch to VIDEO2, I have no problems in immediately switching back to VIDEO1 (dvd), or to AUDIO1, or vice versa.

Comment

• nicholtl
      • Aug 2003

Hmm, that's weird...there is usually a slight lag, but 4-8 attempts sounds a little much to me. Perhaps the MX-700 batteries are weak so the signal isn't as strong? otherwise...that sounds quite odd.

Comment

• goldear
        • Aug 2003

Yeah...I can't figure out what's going on. It isn't even input specific since it occurs with any source that isn't powered on. If I hit CD or cable, and both units are "off," I still can't get back to the powered on source (i.e Sat) without pushing the button several times or waiting for several seconds. It's not the batteries since both my remotes (and even the front panel controls) do it...and it works fine as long as the source component is on. It's only when it's "off" that I get this lag. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks

Chris B
        Chris B

Comment

• netarc
          • Jul 2003

It sounds like a s/w bug or error to me - I'd recommend contacting Parasound tech support ASAP ... I've found them to be very helpful and responsive!

Comment

• smalone
            • Aug 2003

What version firmware does your C2 have loaded?

Comment

• goldear
              • Aug 2003

Firmware is 6.42. I noticed the guy from WR said he had two software upgrades while he had the C1. Anyone familiar with these?

Chris B
              Chris B

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"