X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • small angry boy
    • Jan 2005

RDV995 sound lag on layer change

Just wondered if any of you guys knew how to get round this problem ? There is about a second delay when the sound goes off due to I assume layer changing on the DVD. More noticebale on some of the more recent 'louder' films like Matrix trilogy. Not sure it's the DVD [my guess] or the RSX972 AV amp...
  • Arnold van Oostrum
    • Sep 2002

Losing sound with a layer change is a combination factor on both DVD, player and AV processor.
    First, when compiling a DVD, the filmcompanies should take care on where to place the layerchange. With most movies the change can take place between scenes, so that it is allmost not noticable. And lucky for us, the most have indeed the change very good hidden. Unfortunately with live concerts, the change is allways noticable, there's nothing to do about that.
    Then the player. It varies a lot on different players. Newer and more expensive models have a buffer, so the change is not noticable. But the older ones, need a short time to re-align the signal.
    Then the AV-processor. If the DVD player looses it's signal for a very short moment due to the layer change, most AV-processor need also a very little time to recognise the signal again.
    Al the short times added up, could indeed give the problem that with a layer change about for a second sound is lost.

Comment

• small angry boy
      • Jan 2005

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately you haven't suggested any solutions. Are there any, especially for my older gear ?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"