X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nicholtl
    • Aug 2003

Surround backs suddenly cut out?

Usually, in party mode, all 7.1 channels are engaged, despite what the manual says about feeding 2 channel music into 5.1. However, today when I was listening to music, I realized my surround back channels had cut out. I know they are still connected properly, since Club or Concert modes engage them. But party mode no longer seems to feed any signal to them, yet they did only yesterday?

I tried switching the C2 power off from the rear several times, but still nothing. I've checked my settings too. Is there something I've overlooked? Is this a glitch?
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

A key point here seems to be whether Party mode is a 5.1 mode as listed in the Halo manual or 7.1 by users' experiences. I'd like others to chime in here with what they've found.

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• nicholtl
      • Aug 2003

Come on guys, help please? Smalone, starford, david meek etc...can you guys tell me if you're party mode is 5.1 or 7.1?

Comment

• smalone
        • Aug 2003

Yes... yes.. yes... I am here...

I posted this in one of the other threads, my C2 plays through all the speakers including the back two when in Party mode.

It is strange that yours stopped outputting though the back rear speakers... you may want to contact Parasound and see what they have to say...

Comment

• nicholtl
          • Aug 2003

Yeah, now that you mention it I do recall you saying that you too got music from the 6th and 7th speakers, despite what the manual states. I just called Tim from Parasound, and he said that Party Mode is only designed for 5.1 playback...and that it is 7.1 that is faulty. Whether or not this is the case, it kinda sucks cause I like having music play through every speaker. I have no clue why it cut out, but I know that I want it back!

Comment

• nicholtl
            • Aug 2003

Ok sorry if I seem like I'm talking to myself, but I wanted to let you guys know that suddenly -- it works again. I have no idea what happened, but now I'm not gonna touch anything for fear of the same problem.

Comment

• smalone
              • Aug 2003

Yes, yours started working because mine stopped!!! Give me it back!!!

I did kill breaker that was powering the C2 so that might have caused it to drop out. Will have to mess with it and see if I can get it to do it all the time. First I have to get them back working though.......

Comment

• smalone
                • Aug 2003

Ok, here is how I got it back so it plays 7.1

First I changed the C2 to Stereo mode, then I went into speaker size and told it I did not have back speakers and then I exited through all the menus then shut off the C2.

I then turn back on the C2 and went back in and changed it back to having two small back speakers and then exited out of all the menus and shut off the C2 then turned it back on and then I went back to PARTY mode and now they all work.

I think you can also do what is listed above and just shut it off once after making the changes and then when you turn the C2 back on it seems to work ok.

Also if the C2 is in Party mode when power to the unit is cut off you WILL lose your back speakers so then just follow the steps above to get them back.

I should be getting paid for all of this damn beta testing for Parasound!!!!

You want to hear a really good one?!?!?!

I changed the power up and power down menus and the power down says "THANK YOU, WE HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE SHOW"

Well on the front display it looks fine but on the OSD The "YOU", is "YOUN" with a ~ above the N so it does not seem the like the "," that is in there!

Explain that one Parasound!

Comment

• nicholtl
                  • Aug 2003

Weird...I think all I did was to turn off the C2 via remote control, then turn it on via the front panel power switch, but HELD IT DOWN so it displayed the firmware version etc etc. Party mode worked after that...

It sounds like your method probably works as well, which is probably what I'll try if it ever happens again. I think party mode really was just designed for 5.1 playback, but we're somehow tricking the unit into locking between 2 soundmodes, say, natural and club...or something.

Comment

• smalone
                    • Aug 2003

Well it should get interesting if and when they ever release a firmware update.... :roll:

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Most interesting--I'll have to keep this in mind if I want to use Party mode! Personally, though, I'm kind of a purist, and probably won't be using any DSP's that add additional sound aspects above the original recording.

CHRIS
                      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
                      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"