X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnwarner
    • Feb 2005

MX Remote

Even though my MX remote that came with my C2 is not exactly state of the art at this time, I'm still using it. Looking at it in the daylight, I've noticed that it's pretty filthy, and was wondering if any of you have ever taken it apart. There's crud between the screen buttons, and I'd like to use some Windex or something similiar with a toothbrush and clean this thing up. I think this would be much easier (and eliminate getting any kind of liquid inside) if I could take the silver top off.
    Any one out there accomplish this ?
    Thanks
    Jim
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Huh...yeah, the MX-700 is stil a quite popular and useful remote. I haven't heard of anyone taking it apart to clean it, though. (or any other reason) You may want to do a search over at www.remotecentral.com. Quite a lot of remote control experts there. Or you could call URC. Great customer service company.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• jnwarner
      • Feb 2005

Well, I did it.

Just in case anyone else attempts this, it was fairly easy. I checked on Remote Central and searched some threads and I read where someone else was trying to do the same thing.
      You have to grip the remote at the top and bottom and "twist" in opposite directions. This is impossible to do alone since I unfortunately don't have three hands. My wife grabbed a butter knife and while I was twisting she managed to side the blade between the two covers right below the light button. Then I was able to "pop" the connectors apart and voilaa, the top was seperated from the bottom. There are four screws that hold the PCB to the top of the unit. Then it was easy to get a q-tip in all the "holes" where the buttons protrude.
      Clean as a whistle.

Jim

Comment

• blownrx7
        • Dec 2004

Hey Jim,
        Thanks for the info!
        Mine is pretty clean right now but good to know for the future.
        BTW, this remote is hardly out of date. It is quite powerful.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

I hate to admit it, since I also own URC's current flagship remotes, but I still use mine, too!
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"