X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin Olund
    • Jan 2010

Channeling Error

I'm having an odd problem with my C2. Often when I turn it on, regardless of the input that it is switched to, it channels the audio to an incorrect channel. For example, a 2 channel signal through an optic input will send the left and right audio to the two rear speakers. In order to correct the problem, I must switch it off and on using the main power switch at the back.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix for this?
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Huh... if I remember right, another one of our club members here experienced something similar a ways back.

What version of firmware are you using? I might try re-installing that for a fix.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Kevin Olund
      • Jan 2010

I haven't changed it since it was purchased about 1-1/2 years ago. I was wondering if it might be a firmware issue but I am reluctant to try changing it for fear I would screw something up. Has anyone on this forum encountered problems doing the updates. If so, I think I would feel better just taking it in for service.

Comment

• Kevin Olund
        • Jan 2010

OOPS! Just noticed that the very first post on the firmware updates thread makes reference to the channeling problem and the firmware being a fix for this. Still reluctant to try it though.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Parasound does say that those that are hesitant to do it themselves, can send in their unit to be done at Parasound's headquarters. Not that bad an idea--can have it looked over while it's there.

Doing the update isn't too bad, though.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• blownrx7
            • Dec 2004

Kevin,
            Try doing the update yourself. It is pretty easy. I remember I even had to stop in the middle of my update and thought I was going to have a dead unit and it worked just fine. Worst case, you'll have to send it in anyway so give it a shot. You'll save a boatload of time and money too!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"