X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vince Helm
    • Mar 2006

C2 photo (interior)

Hey guys,

Does anybody have a interior photo of the C2 or a link to one on the www?
    Thanks
    Vince
  • Aubi
    • May 2007

Here you are!

Comment

• Mig17
      • Jan 2008

Very small power supply and OPA 134 seem to be quite to be mediocre

Comment

• Vince Helm
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Aubi

Hi Aubi,

Thanks so much!!!!! ;x(

VInce

Comment

• brodricj
          • Aug 2008

Interesting inside pic of C2. I notice it's wired slightly differently to my C2. Mine has the harness coming off the power board to the DSP board routed differently. Such that it makes contact with a heatsink on the backside of a FET (I think one of those transistor things with 3 legs). Anyway, heat from the heatsink caused the insulation on the wire to melt, causing the wire to short and creating havoc with my C2. Parasound Tech support were great, sending me the parts to fix it myself. Just needed to splice a new harness in place and route it differently, great product support!!

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mig17
            Very small power supply
            That's because it's a Switching Mode power supply. Despite its small size it can deliver huge amounts of power compared to a traditional PS of the same size. The article says (direct translation from Norwegian):

"The image shows a somewhat uncommon feature in a product like the C2. This is a switch-mode power supply, which can normally only be found in notably more expensive gear like Linn, Boulder, Halcro, etc. This type of power supply means that the C2 will be totally immune to the noise that comes from the power grid. This ought to be the standard in all hifi-gear. It is obvious that Parasound has aimed high when they designed the C2".

Originally posted by Mig17
            OPA 134 seem to be quite to be mediocre
            The article says:

"The balanced analog board is designed in a beautiful and tidy manner with good shielding. It uses OPAX134 op-amps from Burr Brown. This has become a very popular op-amp in high-end gear. Parasound has taken the concept even further by using the OPA134, which is the "mono-version". This means that there is minimal risk for cross-hearing between the channels, and is surely a main contributor to the fantastic output of the C2".

Peter

Comment

• Aubi
              • May 2007

Something tells me that this translation is NOT performed by a translation service. After this I have to be a lot more careful about what I put out here

Comment

• Loffen
                • Oct 2005

Det går så bra så :T

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"