Help with amp selection for paradigm S8!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ptarmigan
    • Feb 2008

Help with amp selection for paradigm S8!

I'ved decided to add external amps to my paradigm signature s8s. I've done my research and decided to join the parasound team. I'm considering two options and I need help making the right decision. I'm using the set 100% for hometheater.

Should I get a Halo A21 to power the pair. Or should I get a Halo A23 for each speaker? If I get the 23 for each speaker do I passive biamp it for 125w highs/lows or do I bridge it? I've heard that bridging isn't a good idea, is this true? Which way do I go?

One last question, since it's hometheater only do I need the halo line, or is the classic line good enough? Pleas help!
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hello, Ptarmigan, welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana:

Using one A21 for a pair of speakers is definitely a better option than two A23's bridged/biamped.

As for Halo or New Classic, it's not like one is made for home theater, the other for exotic applications. I use all Halo for 95% home theater use, and am glad I've gone that way. You'll just have to decide whether the cost is justified for you, to add that little extra Halo performance fidelity over the New Classic line that would work just great for you, too.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"