X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave0604
    • Jul 2003

Halo Amps - Auto Turn On W/ Audio Signal

I've just set up my new Halo amps, A51 and A21. I am using the A21 for the front left and right, and the A51 to round out my seven channels. I'd like to use the auto turn on via audio signal feature, but I'm finding that even with the sensitivity on the amps adjusted to highest sensitivity, they still seem to be fairly fickle about staying on. I have the center channel input to channel 1 on the A51, as it appears this is the channel that controls the auto on audio signal feature.

Has anyone else used this feature? What kind of experience? Is there something I am missing?

Thanks, Dave
  • Brian
    • May 2004

I haven't tried using the audio signal trigger. I just use the on/off trigger and it works perfectly.

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
      • Sep 2003

Ill have to try this with my A52. My curiosity is peaked.

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
      GameTracker -My List-
      Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• starford
        • Aug 2003

Never worked for me...

I hava a pair of A23 amps that I use for rear channel surrounds. The audio trigger would be ideal for my application, but I've never got them to work (XLR input). I use the 12v power-on trigger now and chalk the audio trigger malfunction up to poor design/quality in the amps.

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
          • Sep 2003

I stopped using the audio signal trigger. In quiet scenes in movies, it would shut the amp off. I had the sensitivity all the way up too.

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
          GameTracker -My List-
          Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• nicholtl
            • Aug 2003

Yeah, I'd also say use the 12 volt triggers. I use them with no problems. Audio triggers seem a little problematic.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"