X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NMyTree
    • May 2004

I Love My Halo A21 Amp!!!!!

I recently received my Odyssey Tempest Extreme Pre Amp and the Eastern Electric Minimax Tube CD Player.

So finally I was able to hook up my Halo A21 with a quality Pre Amp and CD Player (and the Odyssey Nightingales speakers).

Well, after burning these components in for only a mere 30-40 hours, I am simply loving every note from this combo!!!

There's an amazingly sweet and smooth synergy with this combo. The timbre of the instruments is breath-taking, so rich and musical. Of course the recording quality of the source has a lot to do with this. The recording must contain these elements, in order for it to come through on the system. But even badly recorded rock albums, sound so right. There's such a ......rightness to it.

The Halo A21 is performing wonderfully and I'm constantly amazed at how it completely destroys my previous Anthem MCA 50. The A21 not only has the power and balls to kick some booty, but it's equally capable of conveying soft, sweet and tender musical passages/elements, without blinking an eye. Since adding the A21 into the mix, everything just came together into a very musically satisfying experience. Melody, sweetness, smoothness, amazing timbre, impact and power.............it's all there, when the recording/music calls for it.

My Halo A21 saw only limited time with my Wharfedale Opus 2, and that was without a quality Pre Amp. It sounded good, but I know it will be a completely different ballgame with a quality pre Amp and CDP. I ordered the Oydssey Mono Extremes as the amps slated for the Opus 2, but you can bet the Halo A21 will get a fair shot with the Opus 2, to see which amps matchup better. Right now, I have my Opus 2 boxed up and ready for the move. We're looking for a another house, which will offer us more space than what we have in this house.

I can't say enough to express how happy I am with my Halo A21 !!!!

P.S. I just want to add, that the Eastern Electric Minimax Tube CD Player is an unbelievable little machine! This player at $899.00 US is quite musical player, that does wonders with all types of music and all different quality of recordings. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! 8) 8) 8)
    Tony
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Okay, I'll join the "happy w/A21 club".
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• nicholtl
      • Aug 2003

The A21 is a fine amp. Enjoy it, Tony!

Comment

• jonia
        • Apr 2005

Yes, I'll join the happy w/a21 club too!

Simply an amazing amp!

Comment

• r100gs
          • May 2005

I'm loving mine also! ;x(
          Jay

Comment

• Bugsy
            • Feb 2004

My A21 is a keeper too!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"