• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

A23 - Parasound

Hallo,
    I have Rotel apparaten (pre- Rps1068 and ampli Rmb1075 5 channel).
    I want upgrade my Home cinema system with a 2 channel.
    The A23 with 2x125w or in mono 1x400watt i think is really not bad.
    What do you think's about this?
    eventuall 2 x A23 in mono for main left&right but in the intalletion brochure
    i have see "unbelanced right to the output from pre/surroundprocessor"
    but is possible the 2x A23 to RPS1068 in mono connect?? What i do to do?
    (sorry not expert ops: )

thank and everybody

style
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

praasound

nobody have a A23 Parasound????

Please help ne Style

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

You need to realize that the "400W in mono" figure does not represent "good" 400Ws. The fact that the A23 does not double into 2x250W in 4ohms is an indication that the power supply runs out of juice. (When running the amp bridged, it effectively runs as two 4 ohm loads). Note that you need 8 ohm speakers to run the amp bridged.

If you need a lot of power, I would recommend the A21 in favor of running two A23s bridged...

Peter

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

I "need" for my front 200-300 watt. (B&W703 worked on 8ohm)
        That right 400watt but what for watt?? You have reason but i think if
        Parasound sa 400watt @ 8ohm in mono i can have a good 300watt or?!

And for allacement on the Rsp1068 is possible two A23 connect or what do you think? .. in a way..??

Style

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by style
          I "need" for my front 200-300 watt. (B&W703 worked on 8ohm)
          That right 400watt but what for watt?? You have reason but i think if
          Parasound sa 400watt @ 8ohm in mono i can have a good 300watt or?!
          Running the amp bridged or in 4 ohm means that you're "pushing it". Since an A21 probably is less expensive than two A23s, I would go with the A21.

Even though a bridged A23 with "400 watts" may look better on paper than the A21 with "250 watts", the A21 will sound better. The A21 has a higher idle bias = more Class A, and will also sound better when your pushing out high power in 8 ohms, because it will do that relaxed compared to a brigded A23 trying to squeeze out power in 2x4 ohms...

Remember that the difference between 200W and 400W is only 3 decibels.

The A21 has "250W" on paper. In practice it can deliver closer to 300Ws, so I believe it should work out well for you...

Peter

Comment

• Vince Helm
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
            Running the amp bridged or in 4 ohm means that you're "pushing it". Since an A21 probably is less expensive than two A23s, I would go with the A21.

Even though a bridged A23 with "400 watts" may look better on paper than the A21 with "250 watts", the A21 will sound better. The A21 has a higher idle bias = more Class A, and will also sound better when your pushing out high power in 8 ohms, because it will do that relaxed compared to a brigded A23 trying to squeeze out power in 2x4 ohms...

Remember that the difference between 200W and 400W is only 3 decibels.

The A21 has "250W" on paper. In practice it can deliver closer to 300Ws, so I believe it should work out well for you...

Peter

Hey Style,

Peter is right. I have an A21 running in stereo (front L & R) and a A23 running in mono (center). The A21 does sound better and comes through with better dynamics. Go with the A21.

Good luck
            Vince

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"