X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HDBLU
    • Jul 2008

Parasound A23 in mono Mode

I currently Have a Parasound A23 am bi-amping it for my Center Channel. My Center Channel is a Krix Epicentix that is a 4ohm Speaker. I understand you can only bridge the A23 with 8ohm speakers.

So I did a experiment with the A23 I Bridged it on my 4ohm speaker to try for a hour and I was blown away with it, it did not straggle in anyway it also sounded better then Bi-amping.

Now my Question is what will It be damaging in the A23 with it hooked up to my 4ohm center channel I mean it Only Vocals so it not like it working hard inside the A23. It just sounded a lot better more fuller I really like it.

Any Help or input would be Great. Cheers Guys.
    2ch Setup
    Krix Neupohonix
    Musical Fidelity M6i
    Musical Fidelity M6CDP
    Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
    MIT

• Peter Nielsen
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by HDBLU
    Now my Question is what will It be damaging in the A23 with it hooked up to my 4ohm center channel I mean it Only Vocals so it not like it working hard inside the A23. It just sounded a lot better more fuller I really like it.
    It probably sounded "better" because it got 3dB louder. With a 4 ohm speaker you will be putting only 2 ohms on each channel. If you play loud, your 4 ohm speaker may dip into 2 ohms, i.e. only 1 ohm per channel...

Maybe this helps: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/car-a...-vs-4-ohm.html

Comment

• HDBLU
      • Jul 2008

Thanks Peter. I don't want to shorten the life of the Amp so I have put it back to Bi-Amping and increased db+3 on my Receiver.

I had a Pioneer Receiver LX73 and it stopped working so took it back and got a Onkyo instead and oboy the Onkyo TX_NR5008 has open my sound and now the Parasound is on a higher level and working wonders The sound is amazing.
      2ch Setup
      Krix Neupohonix
      Musical Fidelity M6i
      Musical Fidelity M6CDP
      Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
      MIT

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"