X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Micke.H
    • Sep 2004

Halo A52 using rca and balanced inputs?

Hi. Can i use lets say all rca for ht sound and use a cd with volyme With the balanced inputs ?
    Best regards Micke
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hey, Micke, if you look at the back of the amps, say the A52 at http://www.parasound.com/halonew/ima...2_rear_300.jpg, you'll see a switch labeled "balanced/unbalanced". So you can only use one at a time.

So to answer your question, yes, you could do that, but you'd have to reach behind the unit and flip the switch every time between the RCA and XLR jacks. (not recommended)

Also, you'd have to have a pre/pro that you could be selectable with, or use a separate pre/pro for your movies and one for your music as you propose.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all the Halo A-series amps feed the XLR input out through the RCA, so that you can 'daisy chain' two amps?

Of course this means that your CD output (XLR) would be reversely fed into the RCA outputs of your HT amp... = NOT GOOD!

Peter
      Last edited by Peter Nielsen; 14 February 2006, 10:34 Tuesday.

Comment

• Micke.H
        • Sep 2004

Okidoki, then i know..Thanks

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"