X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chip
    • Aug 2001

Best universal-hard button remote?

Hey guys,
    Let me first say, i had a Pronto and it's not for me. I sold it. When i pick up the new Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX, i'm going to want to change the remote. I'm considering the Home Theater Master MX-500. Anyone using this remote? I see on their site they have an MX-700 coming out soon. Actually, my B&K AVR-307 remote is a Home Theater Master SL-9000....it's a great hard button remote, fully backlit. B&K must have a deal going with them. Any thoughts? Thanks..

- Chip

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
    Chip Engle

My HT
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Chip to be honest I've never used the MX-500 but I know someone that knows them very well. I'll have him post here for you...please stand by for transmission.

Comment

• GregoriusM
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2000

Hi, Chip!

Take a look here at the review of the MX-500. It will tell you all you need to know.

The MX-500 is the most capable button remote out there right now. The MX-700 will be more capable, but far more expensive.

I have a Pronto, an MX-500, and MX-1000, and SL-9000 and I use the MX-500 almost exclusively.

The list price on the MX-500 is $189, but can be had for as little as $118.95 at SurfRemoteControl.com, whereas the MX-700 lists at $499.95.

In the end, you'll love your MX-500!

If you have any other specific questions about the MX-500 or 700, just ask!

... Greg
      Gregor

Comment

• Chip
        • Aug 2001

Thanks Andrew,

Hey Greg, i think i've seen you posting on remotecentral... thanks for the heads up. Ok, i emailed Mike Gifford about buying the MX-700 and he said it'll be available on their site too purchase before the end of December. What do you think the MX-700 will do that the MX-500 won't? It looks like an interesting remote!

ps. haven't been able to get on for a few days with the Guide being down...glad to be back.

My associated gear will be:

Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX receiver
        Sony S9000ES dvd player
        Sony SCD-C555ES multichannel SACD player
        Dish 6000 HD receiver
        XBox (if that even matters,lol...)

Thanks!
        - Chip

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
        Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"