X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulG
    • Sep 2004

Interconnects and Speaker wires with Nautilus

Finding my new N803's to be a little bright/harsh, which is surprising, given my upstream equipment: Anthem AVM-20 pre/pro and Parasound 250w x 2 amp (HCA2200 mkII).

I've gone from silver Analysis Plus interconnects to copper with some improvement. Speaker wire is bi-wired Analysis Plus 14 ga. in-wall (Theater 2)

Can anyone suggest other alternatives based on experience? My dealer has recommended Straighwire Rhapsody II's and I did think they helped tame the highs a great deal without much detail loss.

Other suggestions?

Thanks,
    -Paul
  • volfan
    • Oct 2004

Just purchased the N804's HTM1 SCM1 plus Rotel 1098/1095. My dealer recommended Straightwire. Level 3 interconnects and Serenade speaker cables. Hopefully I can get most of this all hooked up tonight.

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

<wondering how long it will be before lex locks this thread>
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• jlee
        • Aug 2004

Ok I won't say which brand to go for since that's against the rules, but I will say my experience with Straightwire is not very good. The 803's deserve better!!! Straightwire is what I started out with and everything Straightwire (midrange line.. can't quite remember the name... probably concerto or concert or something) was replaced within a few months. It just sounded terrible with my 804's.

Comment

• Rags
          • Aug 2003

I recommend Cardas Quadlink for the B&W 803s and 804s. Very warm sound. I have a wooden floor and it makes the sound a bit easier on the ear.

I dont think the post above is against the rules as I read them...

Comment

• Fife
            • Apr 2004

I recommend Monster Cable so that you can support their rent for Candlestick Park. :??

:twisted:
            PS: I do not use Monster cable and I am not endorsing it either.

Comment

• kiki
              • Sep 2004

you can email B&W for advices, they are really helpful, they recommended me a very good bi-wire for my 705 and htm7.

Comment

• JBall
                • Oct 2004

Paul,

i have the 803's on order. Do you have a sub to add depth and bass? I am worried i will find them too bright too.....

Comment

• jlee
                  • Aug 2004

REL Storm III would go well with the 803... that is from Richard E. Lord (REL) himself. 804 goes well with Strata III or Stadium III... 803 goes well with Storm III or Stentor III.

If you find the 803's too bright, it will be because of your associated equipment. The 803's are a very accurate speaker and will reproduce what you put into them. I started with 804's and not the greatest cables and they sounded bright. I fixed everything up in the front end and they don't sound the least bit bright.

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Ok, here we go again, as one person said, I wonder how long before Lex locks this thread. My reputation precedes me.

I've said repeatedly, it is not that you can't mention what brick and mortor brand you use casually in topic, it's discussions just about cables only in a speaker forum that I do not like. I do not like an open invitation for a hundred or more people to say, oh, I use X brand when this forum is cable vendor supported. Certainly, if you want to talk about the house brand, then more latitude is given. I know, that's a bit hypocritical to some. But it's business none the less, and other manufacturers pay nothing to support HTGuide, and neither do the members directly. Only those that support a sponsor currently support HTG. Yes, participation is a form of support too, but it don't feed the monkey as they say.

I am a bit surprised to find that few ever ask the opinion of a self professed cable expert here at HTG, namely me, when they are in difficult cabling situations, instead of just asking for a shotgun approach, what cables do you use? It gets a little old-

Lex
                    Doug
                    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• glimmer
                      • Aug 2004

Ok Lex...

Lex,

My thread got locked up the other time before I ahve the oportunity to ask you...ok, just wondering if you appoint any sales rep here in Singapore that I could speak to regarding getting your cables for my spiks...

Or do I have to order directly from yourself and if so- how?

cheers.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"