X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adespota
    • Aug 2006

Interconnects and speaker cables

Hi there
    First thanks to those who helped me with my earlier questions. We now have a good portion of our home theatre and are still working on it. SO far we have the following:

Rotel RMB 1075 amp
    Linn Unidisc SC (surround pre plus SACD universal source)
    Fronts are B&W 804s
    Rears are our old B&W DM310s (804s will probably end up here and the Daleks (803ds or maybe just 803s) that are calling my name will come home one day as fronts
    Also plan to add a better 2 channel amp for the fronts at that time
    Just put in 2 dedicated 20 amp circuits for the stereo area and it has already helped the sound which was already pretty good even on our junky cables.

Still looking at centers and subs but our priority right now is speaker cables and interconnects so would appreciate comments or ideas on those. We have tried Nordost Blue Heaven (speaker and interconnect) and it sounded awful (very clinical and some nasty sibilance)

Now playing with Synergistic research Alpha Quad actives and Vampire wire ST IIIs and will try some Transparent cable Musiclink PLus this weekend. We need cables that will warm the sound up a little and the Vampires and SRs do that nicely but we are interested in whether yo know of other cables in the sub $700/pr for 2m speaker cables range.

Thanks

Adespota
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"