X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luszer
    • Feb 2003

Shipping B&W's to Canada

Looking for some advice and insight on shipping a pair of CDM 9nt to British Columbia

I plan on using Fedex Ground International, seems to be the most cost effective solution.

Is it more the receivers' resonsibility to claim through customs? As the shipper my concern is ensuring proper deliver?

Any additional minefields to watch out for?

Thanks a bunch, Ron
  • Fife
    • Apr 2004

Pack it well and insure it.

You may want to ask buyer for preference by Fedex Air vs Ground.
    I think with Air, brokerage is included.

The cost to buyer will be about the same after taxes, brokerage and duty but they should receive it faster by a few days.

Comment

• zpanky
      • Mar 2003

If the buyer is in Vancouver, they could have it shipped to a mail outlet like Security Mail Services in Blaine which is about a 1 minute drive across the Peace Arch border crossing (or 30seconds if you make the light :P )

They would then only have to pay taxes coming across the border (No brokerage fees).

Comment

• luszer
        • Feb 2003

zpanky

thanks for the info, the location is Port Coquitlam, British Columbia

thanks,Ron

Comment

• zpanky
          • Mar 2003

PoCo would be about a 45 minute drive to the border at the most. I think SMS charges $5 USD per package. So you may want to check with the buyers if they are willing to do that. Makes shipping easier for you and cheaper for them. With the stronger Cdn dollar, they could make a shopping trip for themselves while picking up the speakers. Let me know if you need the address and phone number of SMS.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"