X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

speaker heights on the B&W floorstanders

Hi, I've noticed the tweeter heights on the 600s floorstanders are around 36 inches high at the most, which will be the optimum heights for me in my seating position. The 700s and 800s are all around 40inches and over which will make it a little higher for me. Is that going to be a problem for me since I can't vertically aligne them to my ears when sitting down? Why don't they make them all around the same height?
    I really rather have the 804, but having the tweeter almost 5 inches higher than my ears....would I loose the incredible imaging?
  • GSamF
    • Mar 2004

My 804's are a bit higher than my ears, so using the adjustable feet, I have the front ones lower than the rear to compensate and aim it ever so slightly down to my ears.

It works for me and I did notice a difference, however slight.

Sam

Comment

• jlee
      • Aug 2004

I've actually found that aiming the midrange center bullet to my ears sounds best overall. The bass drivers contribute a significant amount of midrange and when blocked in any way, makes a hole in the sound. The tweeter's response is almost flat even 5 degrees off axis, so that if you aim the midrange to you, the tweeters response should for all intents and purposes be the same as if it was aimed at your ears. Past 5 degrees and it starts to go off. This is based on some stereophile charts I saw of the Nautilus tweeter response.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

good idea GsamF. I think i'll give that a try when i get them.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"