X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

general musings of an 800 series attitude

I have been thinking of the thread entitled: Decent Receiver for N804_HTM2 Home Theater and other subsequent threads that have taken the same path.

I have been seeing a general attitude, which may need some explanation. The attitude is, a person wanting to get into 800 series speakers (or even 700), that is thinking he or she can get a deal on the speakers, but can't really afford to do them justice w/ proper power and other quality components that the speakers require to reach their potential.

All of us, as far as I can see, are here to help, and want us all to have the greatest HT/Audio setup one could have. I hope that noone takes offense to what might be perceived as a pompous attitude, when receiving opinions and suggestions. It is understood that not everyone has the same budget, but maybe we all have the same big eyes (or is it ears?) of the higher end equipment.

It is natural that we all are going to have perceived differences of opinion, but I hope that noone (especially new people to the forum, who are trying to get assistance) feels that there is an attitude of of negativity here.

For those who are new to b&w speakers, and hope to move into the higher level speakers, please keep in mind that when considering this quality of speaker, their sensitivity level is increased, and the most subtle of changes can make a significant difference. That being said, one must consider more than just the cost of the speaker when trying to put together a good match in audio nirvana.

It is my belief, and from what I gather, others on the forums, that it is FAR BETTER to have a MATCHED system, than it is to have a dispropotionate one. That being said, just about every one of us has upgraded our systems in pieces, so at some point, there has been inconsistency.

I hope that everyone continues to enjoy these forums and noone takes the opinions of others as any kind of personal attack. The more, the merrier! I hoep we continue to make this the greatest b&w forum w/ a lot of diverse systems, where we can each assist others, or just have general chat about our awesome systems!

Party on Wayne!
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"