• Show
Clear All
  • steverm
    • Sep 2004

htm1 or htm7 with 703's?

Title says it all . Thanks
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

depends on how picky you are about the aesthetics of the setup. If you want them all to match by cabinet design, then go with the 7. If you care more about performance and can stretch the difference in MSRP, go with 1. Man, it's so much easier helping someone else with picking than picking for myself.

Comment

• steverm
      • Sep 2004

A lot easier to tell someone to pony up an extra $1250. LOL. Most interested in timbre matching.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

Then go and listen to them in the stores...Much easier to say to someone else also. hehe

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Steverm,

If you are serious about HT - there is no choice but the HTM1 - they are a very close timbre match to the 703 (way better than the HTM7) and the midrange... The looks match well and some of the woods do as well (e.g. Cherry). Both have the same FST drivers making the the all important midrange match very well... The HTM7 is a good match for the 705s but not the 703. Besides 30-50% of the HT sound comes from the centre - so you need to do well.

Go listen for yourself though - you need to be sure before spending the extra $

Geoff

Comment

• BlazeMaster
            • May 2004

I'll 2nd whatever Aussie said, hehe.

Comment

• kevin l.
              • Aug 2003

I no I'm new to forum but I'll 3rd that. The center channel is such a important part for H.T. I'd go with that if you can afford. I just demoed alot of different B&W speakers myself and nothing compared to the htm1, I mean a huge difference in quality over other center channels.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                • May 2004

I actually got to the listen to the HTM1 with a pair of 803s for the first time today with the SCM1 as rears in a local dealer. The room had visible acoustic treatments on the walls. The setup included a Krell DVD player (not sure which model), RSP1098 and a Rotel 1095 amp. There was no need to ask the salesguy to hook up the extra 2 surrounds to get a 7.1 setup. For the first time, I heard of a floorstander that was clear, clean and full sounding. And the HTM1 matched the pair really well. He didn't even hook up the sub either and the fronts had major low end authority. Too bad they only had a Loewe 38 inch tube TV in there. If I had this setup with a FP, I'd never leave the house. I haven't heard the 703s with HTM1, but I suspect it'll sound fairly close to what I heard in a HT setup. Go and have a listen for yourself to see if that extra $ is worth it for the 800s floorstanders, if not somewhere else in the link.

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
                  • Oct 2003

damn I bought the htm7

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                    • May 2004

there's nothing wrong the HTM7...it's a good speaker for how much you paid for them. How long you had them? Can you still return or trade them in later?

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
                      • Oct 2003

the Htm7 sounds very good,I didn't listen to the HTM1 or 2 for the fear of the better sound.plus my main concern was for 2 channel. and the 703's took care of that problem.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"