X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kudeta
    • Sep 2004

Bi-Wire for 602's?

What cable do you recommend to Bi-Wire some 602s3's. I dont know how much to spend per metre in Aussie dollars, When does it become too much for the benefits you will achieve. Also I have 601's for Rears would it make a large difference to run them Bi-Wire as well? Am using a Rotel RSX 1055 soon to get an RCD 1072 and am thinking about RMB 1075. Any suggestions would be appreciated within reason.
    Cheers :T
    Leigh
  • farbs
    • Jun 2004

Here goes the good ole speaker cable debate again :W
    But seriously, I believe that for home theatre there really is no great advantage to bi-wiring the rears as they are maily surround sounds, unless you have a wallet full of cash and don't know what to do with it.
    The fronts are a differnt story. Especially for music. This is something that I find really personal. I would suggest the 1075 first as you are really going to notice the difference the amp makes as opposed to speaker wire.
    Once you are happy with that then you can start experimenting with tweaks as the gains to be had are much smaller.
    As for how much to spend on wires, well how long is a piece of string?
    I to have the exact same set up and I run QED silver aniversary to the fronts and am very happy the sound ( I got the wire as the end of a roll for next to nothing)
    Hope this helps.

Comment

• kudeta
      • Sep 2004

Helps a bit, What sort of $$$ would I be looking at for QED silver anniversary. Do you have the 1075? If so how dramatic is the difference from just the RSX?
      Leigh

Comment

• farbs
        • Jun 2004

I am not to sure on price as I got wire as a kind of offcut. I was offerred the end of a roll for $100. I offerred $75 and he said yes. It turns out there was about 15m left.
        I don't have the 1075 as yet but it will be my next purchase. I did audition it when I was buying the 1055 and it did make a big difference, especially for 2ch music. Just a lot clearre, more open, more definition, better soundstage, tight bass, I could go on but it is definately worth a listen.

Comment

• kudeta
          • Sep 2004

Thanks for the info
          Leigh

Comment

• Mr. Mxyztplk
            • Sep 2004

I bi-wired my 602 S3 speakers when I bought them. I find with HT, there is too much happening in video and multi-channel sound to appreciate the improvement bi-wiring brings. 2 ch audio is a different story sense you only focus on the stereo sound. Most people do critical listening with dim lights or no light at all leaving only the sound, in this scenario it is very easy detect improvements. In HT, its hard to notice the slight improvement in clarity and bass definition. Now having said that, it is a common battle to improve center channel voice dialog and any tweak that can helps is worth investigating.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"