X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elmac
    • Apr 2004

Monopole or dipole for your surrounds

Ok, Here is a question.
    What will you use or are using for surround speakers and why.
    Did you try a different configuration speaker in your home theater setup?
    I’m currently running all 4 surrounds monopole speakers (CDM SNT) but thinking on upgrading all to DS7. My setup is used 50% music and 50% for HT
    Any comments on this.
    THX
    Elmac
    All HT Signals Processed by D2 for Ultimate Experience
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

At this time, my rears are a pair of 603's I bought back in '97. I am not sure what i want to do with them to be honest. I have had the same considerations that you are contemplating. I think I want to keep my speakers in the nautilus line though, so I am limited on my options.

I think for 5.1, the monopols are great, but I am not sure if it is as ideal for 7.1.

The dipoles have a switch to turn it off for music listening, so that is a plus.

I was going to wait until I get a house before I worried about my surround speakers, but my fiance is really wanting to do a kitchen upgrade for adding value to the house, so it is really making me think that I should make a decision now and get it before the house. heheh.

I am leaning towards 805's right now, because they would be best for my current situation. I think long-term I would like to have a second set of 804's though.

It is a tough call, and depends greatly on your room. If you have walls on both sides of the room that you could hang speakers from, they DS7, would be great, but for me, since I cant predict that, I am thinking of going for the solution that will work under any circumstance.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Elmac
      • Apr 2004

Any other suggestions .
      THX
      Elmac
      All HT Signals Processed by D2 for Ultimate Experience

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"