X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bandwagoner
    • Oct 2004

DS6 or DS7?

Just registered to forum today. Long time lurker here. Wondering if anyone owns any of these speakers. Right now i have 705s for fronts, LCR6 for center, 602s for rears. I need to make room for more seating so these surrounds will work well. I really like the monopole/dipole option too. I am looking at upgrading the center to either htm7 or another 705. I am trying to save a few $$$ by getting the DS6 instead of the DS7 for surrounds. Anyone heard these surrounds? TIA

Cheers,
    jer
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

i'll be the first to welcome you, but unfortunatly I don't have any of the speakers you have. I have 601s as mains, LCR600 as center and soon to pick up a pair of either 600 or DS6 as surrounds and a SVS PC+20-39 also. I'll upgrade the mains to either the 705 w/HTM7 or 805s w/HTM2 combo around middle of next year. From reading the response of most members here, most of them think the HTM7 is a very good match with 705s. I'm not sure if you can buy one 705 not as a pair.

Comment

• jlee
      • Aug 2004

You can buy 1 705... you just need to ask the dealer and they will make the arrangements.

Comment

• weijst
        • Jun 2004

Just got the HTM7 last week to be placed alongside my 705s. What a match! :T Soundstage is so much better that what I was used to with the DM602 - LCR6 combination! However, I still have to get used to the size of the HTM7...

As for the rear channel, I too am interested in the option DS6 or DS7. Actually I'm also considering the 601s or another pair of 705s (no DM600, since I will be playing multichannel music every once in a while...).

I'll be watching this thread, that's for sure...
        Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"