X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

Signature 805

for $2800, including stands, excellent condition on audiogon. Man, it looks tempting. Is it a good price?
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Will,

US$ Retail on the Signature 805 is $3500, B&W Stands ad another $400 or so to that... Remember however that a lot of people buy cheaper stands for them (look at the Audiogon pictures to be sure that they are the B&W ones.

So we are not talkig a big discount on new ... Indeed you can find the signatures for $3100 often at a dealer by taking your time and talking nice... So alowing for the stands you are saving $400-$600 on new....

Still thats what people seem to pay on Audigon...

Geoff

Comment

• will1066
      • Aug 2003

Yeah, the seller mentioned they are the B&W stands, which I can't believe cost $400 (they're stands!). I guess with stands, it's about $4000 plus sales tax. Here in NY, sales tax is 8.75%, taking the grand total to $4350. But I didn't factor in the possible, approx. 10% dealer discount you included, which is just about throwing in the stands for free, Geoff. ops: So let's say, with 10% off, the speakers with stands total $3500. With sales tax, that's about $3800.

So it's a savings of about $1k for 9-audiogon-rated used, according to my numbers-crunching.

Comment

• luszer
        • Feb 2003

Will-

Recently purchased N805 with their matching B&W stands off the "gon", retail for $2600 plus tax.

I viewed it as "all in" a 25% discount off retail, including tax and a 10% dealer discount.
        I wanted to provide you the info as maybe a guideline of new vs used.

Regards
        Ron

Comment

• greggz
          • Jun 2002

Minor clarification to Geoff's post. The 805 stands list at US$600 per pair. The HTM stand is $400.
          Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• will1066
            • Aug 2003

Nevermind. It's been sold. Good deals don't last, I guess. I find something funny, though. There were two S805 ads from two different people, let's say guys A and B. The B ad appeared shortly after A, selling for a lower price, and once A got sold, I now can't find the B ad. Anyone find this weird?

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2003

Will,

Audiogon these days often gets dealers (even cable suppliers) putting up auctions to either sell a product at a discount that they may not want to give in the store OR to "beat up a product" (hence all the auctions from things like $5000 gold cables with starting bids of $1...). You'll also get dealers using Audiogon for "hot" (i.e. popular) items like the Nautilus 805 to use "auction frenzy" to get a beater price for the trade in than they can get in the store (go figure). One of the 2 signatures on the site was from a dealer when I looked....

That's life... I'll bet you see the Signatures again within the month (they come up regularly) So just keep watching... Or put in a wanted ad on Audiogon – You’ll get bites….

Geoff

Comment

• will1066
                • Aug 2003

Thanks, Geoff. I understand that most of the A'gon dealer ads are for equipment they don't carry in their stores (trade-ins, etc.) or stuff they want to hype up. I thought both Sigs in the classified section were from private parties, though.

I don't think I'm serious about the Sigs. I'm currently stricken with fever-pitch upgraditis, but I think I'm just going to use the money to pay off my student loan, my only debt.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"