X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LikeCoiledSteel
    • May 2004

New B&W owner

Hi Guys,
    I am new to this site and a new B&W owner. I have a pair of CDM7nt's and a CDMCNT center. I use Polk ls/fx for surrounds. I am using a Krell Kav 250a and Krell Kav250p for 2 channel listening. Great sound. I also use an Outlaw 950 pre/pro and M200 monoblock to push the center.
    A Marantz cd5400 cd player for source.

This forum looks great so far. I look forward to chatting with you guys in the future.
    best regards,
    Jeremy
  • Mark_C.
    • Jan 2003

Welcome.

That's some pretty impressive power for your CDMs. I always figured Krell and Nautilus went hand in hand. I use Rotel gear for my HT and a Classe integrated for my Nautilus 804s. Is it true that Krell brings out the bass better than just about anyone?

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
      • May 2004

Hi Mark

Hi Mark,
      Thanks for the welcome. In the last month I actually did a major upgrade to my system. I was using some Polk speakers I had for my system with Outlaw M200 monoblocks (200 watts) when I came upon a great deal for the B&W's from a local dealer who was clearancing out the floor models. I ended up paying $1200 for the CDM7NT's and the CDMCNT. I had an Outlaw M200 on all of them and it sounded very good. I have heard from many B&W owners that Rotel was by far the best amp to mate with B&W speakers. Very smooth symetry. I was planning to try a Rotel amp when I cam on another great deal for the used Krell's, so I jumped at it. As many have said, Krell amps are very sounding, punchy but articulate. I think they mate very well with my CDM's. It is a bit of overkil I think because I heard that Krells are underated. Putting 250 watts is probably more around the high 300 watts, to a speaker rated at 150 wattss.But the sound is good. Of course, if I got a great deal on some 800 series, i would take it, sell my cdm's and have the Krells to make them sing. But so far I am very happy with the CDM7nt's and the center. The Krells definatly make the bass better, deeper. Those 804's must sound awesome. Classe and Rotel I think are the same company, and I have heard sound great
      with B&W's.

Comment

• will1066
        • Aug 2003

Hello fellow 7NT and CNT owner.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"