X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doodleboytoy
    • Jun 2003

B&W upgrade cycle

I have a B&W system and am thinking of getting a newer set in a few years. Do you guys know how long it takes B&W to change/upgrade their line-up? They just changed their 700. When will they change their nautilus line?
  • gostan
    • May 2003

I suspect that the we could see upgrades to both the 600 series and the nautilus series in the very near future. The 600 series is a little long in the tooth. And with the trickle-down effect of various Nautilus technology to the new 700 Series, updates must be imminent.

However, having recently upgraded to close-out CDM's all around when the 700 series was introduced, I would advise you to seriously consider purchasing the older close-out speakers, if the deal is a great one. I do not think that speaker line-up upgrades are as startling or improtant in sound differences as preamplifier-type upgrades.

Good luck with your speaker upgrade investigations.
    Stan

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

B&W is somewhat on a 5 year cycle wrt their product lines. So I expect the current 800 series to live until somewhere next year. I definitly would not wait that long.

The difference from the CDM to 700 series isn't that big a step, and also their new tweeters arent very good also. The looks of the 700 are a big step btw. However I see little they can improve on the current 800 series looks.

But anyway, B&W could suprise us

Comment

• Cowanrg
        • Feb 2004

the info ive gotten from B&W as a dealer, we are possibly looking at seeing a revamped 800 series sometime this year or early next year. i was hearing this year though. not sure how good that info is though, they might not be that close to ready on the new line.

Comment

• greggz
          • Jun 2002

B&W definitely operates on the trickle-down model. Since the top 'o the line Nautilus (the snail-looking ones) have super-tweeters, aluminum drivers, resin bodies and outboard active crossovers, I wonder if we will see any of that innovation trickle down into the next series of speakers
          Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"