X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edgeyboy
    • Nov 2006

800 "D" Series Tweeter Grille

Hi, I am restoring a pair of 801 Series 80 speakers.

One of the tweeter grilles has seen better days. B&W are long out of stock of spare parts for this model. They do have the 801/2/3/4/5 "D" tweeter grille in stock however.

Before I order one, would anyone be kind enough to measure their "D" tweeter grille? I am looking for the overall diameter in mm and the depth front to back in mm if that makes sense?

I'd be very grateful if someone can help.

Thank you.
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

I would guess that all tweeter grilles within a given series are identical but I am doubtful that the are the same across the series'.
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Edgeyboy
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
      I would guess that all tweeter grilles within a given series are identical but I am doubtful that the are the same across the series'.
      Yes absolutely. But if the Matrix, Nautlius or first of the D models would fit ok that would work great.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Edgeyboy
        Yes absolutely. But if the Matrix, Nautlius or first of the D models would fit ok that would work great.
        Yeah. Isn't there some way to borrow one (or out yours) for testing. You might try getting in touch with someone at B&W to ask. @Patrick Butler for example.
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Edgeyboy
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
          Yeah. Isn't there some way to borrow one (or out yours) for testing. You might try getting in touch with someone at B&W to ask. @Patrick Butler for example.
          I've called B&W UK Spare parts twice about the original part and alternatives - they were not at all helpful to be honest. Felt like I was being a nuisance calling them. Sad when customer service gets like this. They used to be really helpful. If I could find out the measurements for later series grilles then I could make an educated guess.

Comment

• TomScrut
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Nov 2013

Yeah UK support used to be really helpful, or were whenever I have dealt with them!

I can measure D2 grilles if that's any use?
            Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Edgeyboy
              • Nov 2006

Hi Tom,

That would be really helpful. Thank you.

Comment

• TomScrut
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Nov 2013

About 52.5mm ID, 56.5mm OD on my 802D2s

ID was a bit inconsistent because of the way the mesh was folded back on itself, went up to about 53mm in places.
                Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Edgeyboy
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by TomScrut
                  About 52.5mm ID, 56.5mm OD on my 802D2s

ID was a bit inconsistent because of the way the mesh was folded back on itself, went up to about 53mm in places.
                  Thank you Tom. May I ask, how deep are the front to back? The overall diameter looks to be exactly the same as the 801s interestingly.

Comment

• TomScrut
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Edgeyboy
                    Thank you Tom. May I ask, how deep are the front to back? The overall diameter looks to be exactly the same as the 801s interestingly.
                    About 16.5mm

Comment

• TimbaLand
                      • Aug 2013

I have one lying around for the D2 series. Pity I’m thousands of kilometres away from you. I’m in South Africa

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"