Need Help with 801 series 80 (the originals)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whoofer
    • Dec 2005

Need Help with 801 series 80 (the originals)

Hello, all. I have "inherited" a pair of somewhat cosmetically-challenged 801 Series 80 speakers from around 1982 or so. These were originally a matched-pair though time has done some damage to the relationship.
    Does anyone have, or know a good source for, parts for these things? The grille cloth/surrounds have cat-scratches on them, and I can deal with that, but mainly I need a tweeter grill or two, one (better two) tweeters or a better substitute suggestion, and the long bolt that holds the head to the body. Actually, ANYTHING would be helpful to have on hand. I'm going to either re-build or buy a better crossover and take out the protection circuit.
    They're up and running right now, and even with just one tweeter working, they still make my living room sound like Diana Krall or Miles Davis is IN there playing a gig.....it's almost scary. Anyhoo, thanks for any help you can offer, all the best to you, CHEERS!
    Scott (whoofer)
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"