X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hockey_101
    • Oct 2015

B&W 6 Series Questions

I like to keep my 6 series S1 speakers exposed or with the grilles off but I am having a slight problem. When the grilles are off people tend to bump into them or and some like to push in the tweeter for whatever reason. I'm sure you've seen them pushed in before. I throw a lot of house parties and my tweeters keep getting pushed in from drunk people. I literally had a woman push a tweeter in because she thought that 'Bowers' said 'Power' and she was trying to turn the stereo off :roll:
    I am wondering if the tweeter covers sold on the B&W website will work with my speakers before I buy them. Has anyone installed them on their speakers before? I know some of the 6 series S1 speakers come with the tweeter covers on them but are they just stick on covers or how does it work? Please don't say put the grilles on, because that is not an option as I LOVE the way they look naked.
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

Put the grilles on for parties. Sorta like condoms.
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Freddie40
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
      Put the grilles on for parties. Sorta like condoms.
      LOL, Thanks Kal I needed that
      Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 20 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable, Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

Comment

• hockey_101
        • Oct 2015

Cover your stump before you hump. It will be sweeter if you wrap your peter No ballon, No party Before you attack her, wrap your wrapper. Don't be silly, protect your willy. Don't be a prick, Cover your dick When in doubt, shroud your spout. Cover your skin, Before you break her in. Don't be a loner, cover your boner. You can't go wrong if you shield your dong. If you're not going to sack it, go home and whack it. If you think she's spunky, cover your monkey. If you slip between her thighs, be sure to condomize. She won't get sick if you wrap your dick. If you go into heat, package your meat. Before you tap it cap it Especially in December, gift wrap your member. Wrap it before you Tap it Don't be a fool, vulcanize your tool. Before you dig for those Pearls, cover your Jewel. The right selection! Protect your erection. Wrap it in foil before checking her oil. If you really love her, wear a cover. Don't make a mistake! Muzzle your snake. Sex is cleaner with a packaged wiener. Never deck her with an unwrapped pecker. Bag it before you tag it! If you can't shield your rocket, leave it in your pocket. No glove, No love. Don't be in such a jiffy, cover your stiffy. AIDS is no joke, be sure to wrap before you poke. If you go into heat, package your meat While your undressing Venus, dress up your penis A crank with armor, will never harm her If you think she'll sigh, cover old one eye Dont be a dummy, Cum on her tummy Even If she's eager, protect her beaver Put a condom on your dink before you dart it in her sink Cloak the joker before you poke her Encase that torch before you paint her porch Don't surprise her plug your Geyser Safe Sex or No Sex Cover that lumber before you pump her Protect her wrinkle before you sprinkle She won't bristle if you wrap your whistle Cage that snake then shake and bake Cover your peter it will be much neater Put on the sling before you get some bling!

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/dirtyjokes/c...gansjokes.html

Comment

• kobestonecold
          • Sep 2007

Don't worry mate the 600 series is so cheap won't break the bank....LOL

Comment

• hockey_101
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by kobestonecold
            Don't worry mate the 600 series is so cheap won't break the bank....LOL
            Just like your wife

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Ok BRAKES. Let's get back to B & W, and away from sex with cones unless someone has the coin for Nautalus, ok? :-) Thank you Fellow World Members and HTG Members, wait, I almost started sounding like a politician. Stop, I have never lied like they can....

Thanks guys have good clean fun!

Adminster Human Unit
              D
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• kobestonecold
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by hockey_101
                Just like your wife
                Do us a favor and don't ask anymore stupid questions on here again.

Comment

• hockey_101
                  • Oct 2015

Do us a favor and don't ask anymore stupid questions on here again.
                  All you do is bash other people because they don't have 802 Diamonds or whatever you claim to have. I'm on here to get help because I'm a young guy who's new to the audiophile world and every time I post something you come on here and act all pretentious without offering any help. You're worthless to this site.

Comment

• kobestonecold
                    • Sep 2007

All you do is bash other people because they don't have 802 Diamonds or whatever you claim to have. I'm on here to get help because I'm a young guy who's new to the audiophile world and every time I post something you come on here and act all pretentious without offering any help. You're worthless to this site.
                    LOL it true but all your questions so dumb

Comment

• BWLover
                      • Jan 2009

LOL it true but all your questions so dumb
                      I'm sure you knew everything under the sun and moon when you first got into hi-fi audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
                      Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
                      Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
                      Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
                      Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
                      Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
                      Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
                      Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
                      Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
                      Playstation 3
                      Shaw HD PVR
                      Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• wkhanna
                        Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2006

as BWLover implies, we are here first & foremost to learn & share hard-won knowledge of this wonderful hobby.

sophomoric, immature bantering, criticisms, attacks & retaliations never have & never will be tolerated here.
                        ever.

let us put the brakes on this now.
                        _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                        ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• TomScrut
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Nov 2013

Which do you mean when you say 6 series S1? 68X S1 or 60X S1? I remember considering some covers on eBay for the tweeters of my 683S1s when I had them. They just stick on (they have a metal ring built in that is attracted to the driver magnet) but they don't look great IIRC.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
                          Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• hockey_101
                            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by TomScrut
                            Which do you mean when you say 6 series S1? 68X S1 or 60X S1? I remember considering some covers on eBay for the tweeters of my 683S1s when I had them. They just stick on (they have a metal ring built in that is attracted to the driver magnet) but they don't look great IIRC.

The 68x series. Thank you for answering my question. That helps a lot!

Comment

• TomScrut
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Nov 2013

I'll have a look see if I can find any like I saw. It was about 4 years ago I was looking but they do exist

Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                                • Jan 2014

Are you looking for these?:

Regards,

Patrick
                                B&W Group North America

The 68x series. Thank you for answering my question. That helps a lot!

Comment

• TomScrut
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Nov 2013

They are the ones I have seen. Didn't know they were an official part

Comment

• BWLover
                                    • Jan 2009

Speaking of tweeter covers, I see the new 68X S2's have covers. Are they permanent? If they are, do speaker manufacturers (such as B&W) design the tweeter around the fact that it will have a grill in front of it?

Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
                                    Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
                                    Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
                                    Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
                                    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
                                    Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
                                    Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
                                    Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
                                    Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
                                    Playstation 3
                                    Shaw HD PVR
                                    Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• Alaric
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by BWLover
                                      Speaking of tweeter covers, I see the new 68X S2's have covers. Are they permanent? If they are, do speaker manufacturers (such as B&W) design the tweeter around the fact that it will have a grill in front of it?

My speakers (not B&W) have a single, vertical bridge over the dome which I assumed is for protection. However, they are voiced to leave the large grills on when listening so I'm not sure if that's the case.
                                      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                                      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                                      Schiit Modi 3
                                      Marantz CD5005
                                      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• TomScrut
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by BWLover

I believe B&W do (I think I read this somewhere), especially when they are permanent (or not easily removable), which is the case on all of the three main speaker ranges they make now.

Comment

Working...
                                        😀
                                        😂
                                        🥰
                                        😘
                                        🤢
                                        😎
                                        😞
                                        😡
                                        👍
                                        👎
                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                        Search Result for "|||"