X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

YES! Out of the box Blue Tooth B & W PX

I was almost ready to go for PX7 at 400.00 for Blue Tooth. Tired of WIRES for headphones. I just happened to look on Flea bay, and saw the PX model, looked really good, only catch was they were refurbs. I needed something for music, I had to. So, I dropped the hammer on them. They came lightning fast!!! I had a bit of difficulty at first, with pairing. Well, it turns out, last night I did pair them with my Apple I phone 7 plus.

Perks:

1. First they are VERY comfortable, maybe more comfortable for me than my P7 wired you know 400 bucks. I think it's P7.
    2, Second, they are VERY warm sounding. When in phones, you don't want a bright sound, will give you a headache.
    3. But with that warmth is some very nice highs blended in that are not fatigueing AT ALL!!!.
    4. This conclusion is that I LOVE these phones, who knows maybe if the volume goes up enough, I may be able to play along with tunes.

Exciting!!!!

Oh,, the price was $174.00 tax and all and with like 2 day or 1 day shipping.

It's nice when a deal works out this nice.

At first I was hesitant to buy refurb, for something that goes on my person. But for the price and the phones, I got over it. Did I mention they are SO Comfortable!!!!

5 stars! rating arty::5: Notice the 6 party folks are social distancing...
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Nice. I didn't know B&W made BT headphones. Hopefully they live up to B&W reputation for sound quality.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Actually, I own wired P7s that are GREAT(wired) , I even have a backup set of leather cups for them. I usually use Amazon wires on them. (3rd party) They have seen less use since been home working. I also own a set of their ear buds. So, I'm
      I sm ptetty well set n the headphone ear bud space with B W and Audio Technica (super noise reduction quite space (Audio Technica) ... (Office mates) when we went to office were not quite. Not sure when we will go again. I am not in a hurry to go to office.

These headphones are most excellent Garth!
      Doug

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

I got to tell you that listening to this jazz on Iphone XM radio, channel 69 I believe, I swear their is a piano right behind me!!! This is impossible! How can they do this! trumpet up front, and left I hear rhythm section. IT is freaking amazing! Actually the musical placement is precise, and it is also undeniable wonderful. Loving this ....
        Doug

Comment

• TomScrut
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Nov 2013

I have a pair of PXs, got them last year during black Friday sales off Amazon for £170 IIRC. Bit of an impulse buy but my old Boss QC3s were busted and so thought for travelling etc they'd be good.

I aren't very aware of the market at this price point. Functionally they are great I think, comfort wise I find if I don't quite get them in the right position the band can press a bit hard. Sound I think they are good but not great, the only things I have to compare with are some Sennheiser over ear open backed wired headphones that cost around £100, they don't sound loads better than these when I play music via my DAC. But given the DAC is a lot better than what will be in the PXs that's a bit unfair.

For what I paid I am very happy with them though!
          Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

I've been getting a lot of wired headphone listening since the lockdown (full house, so blasting the main sound system is a non-starter most days). Sadly, my B&W P5s have been out of commission for a while (miss their sound signature). I'll eventually get them to a repair shop (but I'm not lacking for wired options, both closed and open back). However, there are situations where I'd appreciate some wireless options--perhaps it's time I get back into the B&W sound signature.

Comment

• squirellyshoe
              • May 2020

Glad to hear they are comfortable, I have been looking for a new pair of headphones and these ones look slick.

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

My biggest gripe other than the refurbs turned out like every other referb, I had to send them back. I knew better. I had some credit at Amazon, so I ordered a new pair from them, they are good, except when you bend over, they want to fall off, and it disconnects from I Phone some, not sure if that is the IPhone or the phones...
                Doug

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

But I bought a new set from A zon, and they are perfect. Loving them!!! The only problem is when you try and use phone, the speakers take over and nobody can hear you. So I guess I will have to figure something out there. I turned blue tooth off and it still picked up incoming audio, and the outgoing doesn't work with phone then...
                  Doug

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"