X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • junior77blue
    • Nov 2004

Used B&W 800 series speakers

Well, I went to the dealer today to see what 'specials' they had in the 700 series (HTM7 specifically). But, before I made the investment I wanted to hear the 804s which they had heavily discounted, below the price of a discounted 703s.

I compared the 703s and 804s and the 804s were in my opinion far superior. Imaging was much better, overall sound quality was much smoother and there was no strain.

My question to my fellow B&W owners, is there anything wrong with purchasing dealer demos? Is there anything I should specifically look for, other than the obvious nicks/blemishes? I would get new grills, since these have some broken ribbing.

They also have a matching HTM2 available as well.

My original plan was to purchase the HTM7 now, then later on 703s or 704s to complete my HT.

If I choose to go with the 804s/HTM2, then I will have mismatched fronts/rears. My rears would then be 705s with a 700 sub.

The price quoted for demo 804s was $2500 & $700 for HTM2, out the door. I would love to listen to the new 804s, but fear that would then be out of my budget. Are these fair prices?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Not sure about the prices but I'd have no problems buying demo gear so long as they still came with warrenty and were from a reputable dealer.

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

the HTM2 is not a good match for the 804's. That price is great though. I would try and see if he can order you an htm1. Then you'd be set.
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

I wonder how close that is to dealer cost. Anyone have any idea what dealers cost for the nautilus line is?
        I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• junior77blue
          • Nov 2004

Keep in mind the prices I quoted included state sales tax of 6%.

I'm not sure about the prices either, but if my ears served me correclty, I really enjoyed the 804s much more than the 703s. I was quite suprised in the difference.

I know the HTM2 isn't an exact match, but unfortunately my room/cabinet doesn't allow itself to such a large center channel, so I will have to settle for the HTM2. I think I did see an HTM1 they had on display...in black as well. Not sure what the pricing would be. Figure around $1000.

Any comments regarding using the 705s for rears?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"