X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chericelise
    • Jul 2017

Help on Home theatre set up(Newbie)

Hi all, Iam glad to found this forum.
    I am a newbie who started HIFI system 6 months ago and my priority is still HIFI.
    My first set up are B&W CM6S2 with Rotel RA 1570 Integrated Amp.

However, I have recently booked another set up intending to upgrade my HIFI with B&W 805D3 with Rotel Pre-amp RC 1590 and Power amp RB 1582 MK II.
    I tried to sell off my first set up at the lowest price that Iam willing to let go but without any takers.
    So I figure out if I still cannot sell, no point having to HIFI set up and I would seriously consider combining them into a Home Theatre set up short of a Mid speaker.

1). I would like to ask as my priority is music, do I still get equivalent music quality using CD player or streaming through 5 speakers? (If not, are differences greatly reduced?)
    2). Based on my set up to venture into Home Theatre, what are the things that I need preferably from Rotel range?

Thank you very much for reading.
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

Welcome to the forum!

You would need to have a different amp anyway for the surround setup, so I presume you are only talking speakers? The other thing worth noting is that you often have to spend a lot more money to get like for like quality from AV gear as there is far more of everything in am AV amp.

You maybe want to consider that you just ought to cut your losses on the old system, sell it and buy the one you want, or keep things as they are for a while so you get your money's worth from what you have. It will sell you are probably just wanting too much for it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"