• Nov 2005

No more PM1?

Did B&W quit making the PM1?
    dan87951
    audio guru
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

Yes quite a while ago IIRC. Before (or around the same time) as the CM6 came out

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• dan87951
      • Nov 2005

That's too bad! It was my favorite mini monitor and I regret selling my pair. Any change for a version 2? Unbelievable soundstage and clarity from such a small speaker.
      dan87951
      audio guru

Comment

• TomScrut
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by dan87951
        That's too bad! It was my favorite mini monitor and I regret selling my pair. Any change for a version 2? Unbelievable soundstage and clarity from such a small speaker.
        I doubt it, they were allegedly very expensive to manufacture.

But there is a £3250 ish gap in price between CM6 and 805 (and a £3750 gap between CM10 and 804) so you would think that there would be space for an inbetween range even if it was just a standmount and a floorstander. It was alleged that the CM10 was to fill this gap between 804 and CM9 but then they went and cranked the 804 prices up again by £1000.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
        Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"