X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark_89
    • Nov 2014

B&W 703 missing serial numbers

I've recently purchased a nice pair of second-hand B&W 703 speakers in rosenut as a replacement for my black 703s. Now I was installing the new 703s and noticed something very weird: the stickers on the terminal tray for the new speakers have a very odd arrangement and are both missing the serial numbers. Normally you have a sticker with the model type and the serial number; the stickers on mine are both different and only indicate model type and both in a different fashion. Any thaughts on this?
    Attached Files
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Counterfeit ?
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Replacement crossovers do no include serial numbers. I would imagine that the logo portion could have changed over time to. Actually, the bottom pic looks like a production crossover (serial number goes between the 703 and the dash), and the top pic could be later issue replacement.

I would imagine if someone were to purchase replacements, two pulled off the shelf could have either sticker. I had a pair of 685's with replacement crossovers with no serial numbers. If you heard the story one why both were replaced you wouldn't believe it.

So if they sound good and like your old pair, go with it. It's only 4 screws to pull and verify they are legit B&W crossovers. I'm pretty sure they have it screen-printed on the board.

Kevin D

Comment

• Mark_89
        • Nov 2014

After doing some research I think both stickers are cut out versions of original stickers. The why elludes me though. Have unscrewed one of the trays to check inside but the crossover is larger than the hole and does not fit through out the back. Could only see that the printboard was green before I started worrying about pulling wires loose by pulling on the board. Believe the wires are soldered on at the crossover end and not clamped so that should not be a problem but still..
        Decided to just let it be. They sound awesome to me (same as my previous 703s) so I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"