Just bought a set of 802 Diamonds (D2's).

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

Just bought a set of 802 Diamonds (D2's).

Since the introduction of the D3's came out and not being overly enthusiastic about their looks I decided to pull the trigger on a set of new 802 Diamonds. I got a phenomenal deal on them and these will probably be my last set of Bowers & Wilkins 800 speakers -- new ones are out of my budget. Also, it will be nice knowing that I have the last version of what I consider the most beautiful speakers Bowers & Wilkins has ever made. I'm really excited to get them and can't wait to crack open a beer and listen to all my music all over again. The million dollar question is, how are they going to get these things down my stairs? The man cave is in the basement.
    dan87951
    audio guru
  • TimbaLand
    • Aug 2013

Well done. I have 804 D2 and should the money train stop by I will get the 802 D2 as well

Comment

• Race Car Driver
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Congrats! Did you buy new or 2nd hand?
      B&W

Comment

• dan87951
        • Nov 2005

Thanks! They are brand new speakers. My friend owns a stereo shop that carries B&W and he finally talked me into them. It really was now or never since he knew I was moaning about the price increases lately. These will be my last 800 series speakers I buy new, since to me, it seems silly to spend over $20k on speakers. I would much rather have that money for my Porsche fund or for my next Aston.
        dan87951
        audio guru

Comment

• SoundEngine355
          • Feb 2008

Congratulations! What is the rest of your system made up of?
          SoundEngine355

-------------------
          [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

• dan87951
            • Nov 2005

The only thing worth mentioning is my MC402 power amplifier. I need to update my pre-amp badly. Thinking a McIntosh MX121 will go nicely with the 802's.
            dan87951
            audio guru

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"