X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gasoil
    • Feb 2011

B&W Damaged ?

Hi,

Last weekend i wanted to put my preamp Spectral on a new shelf, but unfortunately i connected the amp to the Tape Out and not the Main Out
    of the preamp . So when i played music, i got the whole power of the amp and it was suddenly so loud, that i was wondering if the Tweeter or the Kevlar cone of my Signature Diamond could have been damaged. The whole power was only for a few seconds before i switched off the system. Now when i am playing music, i have the impression, that the bass is not so powerful as before and that even the tweeter sounds more harsh .
    Thanks for sharing your comments.
    Gasoil
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Ouch! Sorry to hear of your bad luck. You've possibly fried the crossover - which is probably cheaper than frying a driver. First, swap left and right speaker connections on the Amp to see if the fault moves. If it doesn't, and you're comfortable opening it up, I'd have a look and see if there's any evidence of overheating/burning on the crossover. If the fault does move, the fault may lie with the amp.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"