Somone selling me a rotel rmb-1095 should I do it??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjahshik32
    • Sep 2007

Somone selling me a rotel rmb-1095 should I do it??

Ok this guy I know is selling me a rotel rmb-1095 that's cosmetically damaged, just bent a little on the side and a lil dent on the top but other than the casing being damaged the power amp works fine with no problems. And he's selling it for 750, you guys think its a great deal??
  • WI Rotel
    • Jul 2006

Make sure you give it a good test run. The RMB 1095 has a simple, but sophisticated, protection circuitry, a good test at high power with some inefficient speakers should bring out most underlying problems. Check all the channels and, if possible, run all five channels at once. The price is good. I'm always wary of buying used equipment since you don't know if it was abused or not. Amps in general are pretty worry free components, make sure you look at the cabinet screws, if they look worn it could be a sign that the amp was tampered or repaired.

Comment

• Rod S
      • Mar 2005

I once had an incident with a Rotel amp, a dodgy shelf and 2 foot drop. From personal experience, Rotel can provide you a new top cover for the amp to remove any cosmetic imperfection. Give them a call and they can ship it to you or you can try through your local dealer.

Comment

• jjahshik32
        • Sep 2007

the guy selling me the amp told me that rotel will send me a brand new casing for the amp for 200, which isnt so bad.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Hi,

Moved from Club B&W to here - it's rightful home :-)

Geoff

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

That is a good price, but test all five channels simutaneously for a sustained period of time at a high volume level, check db levels on each channel via a SPL meter or alternative. Also see if you can negotiate the $200.00 cost of the replacement part, by splitting the cost, therefore cost would be $650.00, you should have cash in hand.

Finally would you be provided any type of warranty (in writing of course) or is the purchase "as is"? Just my quick thoughts.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"