Can a HTM-1 Nautilus be a match for 801 series3?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joawen
    • Mar 2006

Can a HTM-1 Nautilus be a match for 801 series3?

Hello, i have a little HTM center that has the same tweeter as the series 3 but i can't say i'm happy with the sound it gives me in movies...

What do you think would be better and worse with a HTM-1 Nautilus instead? There is one on offer in Sweden... (not often around)

Grateful for your input!

/Joakim
  • JürgenW
    • Jul 2004

I used the HTM1 together with the 801 series 3 for several years en it sounded great. (Now Im stil using it, but with 800Di's.)

Comment

• aarsoe
      • May 2004

Are you talking about the original HTM made for the matrix series or the later one? The way I understand your speakers you have the 801.3 matrix speakers. The crossover design and resulting sound is quite different compared to current models.
      You will match the tonal voice with the original HTM but I have always found that the output level is limited. Don't think a newer center will be a great match..
      Could you post pictures to ensure we are talking about the right products..?
      Where in Sweden are you located?

Comment

• Joawen
        • Mar 2006

Hej aarsoe, i have the original HTM as center now. The series 3 has crossovers from North Creek and sound beautiful.
        The original HTM share the tweeter with the 801's but is so sonically inferior in every way i cannot call it a match, simply put a small boxed sound.

If i put pink noise thru the speakers it's not even close.

I just bought the HTM-1 (nautilus) but cannot get it until early december, maybe the difference in the top will be so disturbing i will sell it again, we'll see.
        I live just outside Stockholm by the way...
        /J

Comment

• Joawen
          • Mar 2006

It's lovely, huge difference to the little HTM!
          The "soundstage" deepened and voices are remarkaby clear.
          Glad You didn't talk me out of it

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"