Which center for 801 s.3, what to expect?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joawen
    • Mar 2006

Which center for 801 s.3, what to expect?

Hi, i have a nice pair of old Matrix 801 series3 as front speakers and a pair of Matrix 802 series3 as surr. (the 801's has the B&W BassAlignmentFilter)

Ofcourse it would be ideal to find a "Matrix HTM" center to match them but it's quite impossible to find one here in Sweden, i need advice on what i can expect if i buy say an htm2 instead?

The amplifier i am going to stick with for a while longer is a Pioneer AX10i, the fronts are Bi-amped but the center cannot be. (no more stages)

TYIA
    Joakim
  • bryan w
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Joawen
    Hi, i have a nice pair of old Matrix 801 series3 as front speakers and a pair of Matrix 802 series3 as surr. (the 801's has the B&W BassAlignmentFilter)

Ofcourse it would be ideal to find a "Matrix HTM" center to match them but it's quite impossible to find one here in Sweden, i need advice on what i can expect if i buy say an htm2 instead?

The amplifier i am going to stick with for a while longer is a Pioneer AX10i, the fronts are Bi-amped but the center cannot be. (no more stages)

TYIA
    Joakim
    nothing wrong with the ax10 mate im driving my ht set up with one ,it sounds amazing
    screenplay 7205 6ft owl fixed screen pioneer ax10ai pioneer 989dvd sky+ clear audio emotion tt ,trichord dino phono stage ,shanling cdt80 cd nautilus 804s fronts htm3s centre scms rears cdmnt sub

Comment

• JürgenW
      • Jul 2004

I have a HTM1 with Matrix 801, series 3. Sounds great.

Jürgen

Comment

• Joawen
        • Mar 2006

Thank's for the replies!

I'm really not sure that the AX10 can drive a nautilus HTM1 without adding extra stages? What are Your thoughts? No doubt the best matching is to find an old Matrix HTM, i'm still searching...

How would a Nautilus HTM1 sound, driven by an AX10?
        Or is it better with an HTM2 with this amplifier?
        And which one would be better sonically matched (important for music, i listen a lot to SACD's classical music) with the Matrix 801's series3?

I bet the HTM1 is just great for movies if not the greatest

I appreciate all input!

Comment

• bryan w
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Joawen
          Thank's for the replies!

I'm really not sure that the AX10 can drive a nautilus HTM1 without adding extra stages? What are Your thoughts? No doubt the best matching is to find an old Matrix HTM, i'm still searching...

How would a Nautilus HTM1 sound, driven by an AX10?
          Or is it better with an HTM2 with this amplifier?
          And which one would be better sonically matched (important for music, i listen a lot to SACD's classical music) with the Matrix 801's series3?

I bet the HTM1 is just great for movies if not the greatest

I appreciate all input!
          hi there if u look at my sig you will notice i am driving a htm3s with my ax10 ,it sounds excellent .the htm3 replaced the htm1
          screenplay 7205 6ft owl fixed screen pioneer ax10ai pioneer 989dvd sky+ clear audio emotion tt ,trichord dino phono stage ,shanling cdt80 cd nautilus 804s fronts htm3s centre scms rears cdmnt sub

Comment

• Joawen
            • Mar 2006

Curious, Bryan, what made you go for a htm3s instead of the htm1?

My big question is about sonically matching speakers 1st...

I'm sticking to my Matrix 801's series3 for a long time i hope!

Comment

• Joawen
              • Mar 2006

The Matrix HTM landed today

It's a very good match to the 801's.
              The sound from the very small Matrix HTM (I was surprised) is far from "fat", on the lean side and ofcourse there isn't a huge amount of bass...

I'm very happy though and Thank You all for advices!
              /Joakim

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"