X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

New CM S2 Series

The new line of CM S2 speakers are now on the B&W web site, including an all-new monitor, the CM6 S2 with top-mounted tweeter. I'm not a huge fan of the gloss finishes (white or black), but Rosewood is the only wood finish now available.
    Brad
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

Yes they are! What HiFi website has the UK prices on it. That CM6 is the same price as the CM8!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Mikael
      • Aug 2007

Well I am very disapointed no center with tweeter on top. And same midrange as the cm10.
      So nothing more than a little dressup. They had (b&w) the perfect oppertunity to close the gap between the cm line
      and 800 series. With a cmcenter3 with the same drivers or 26.5" woofers and a 6" fst mid and tweeter on top. And a guess the new cm6 as rear speakers. Its a dame shame. Just my 2 cents. And why all the hush hush for this.

Comment

• lastexit
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Mikael
        Well I am very disapointed no center with tweeter on top. And same midrange as the cm10.
        So nothing more than a little dressup. They had (b&w) the perfect oppertunity to close the gap between the cm line
        and 800 series. With a cmcenter3 with the same drivers or 26.5" woofers and a 6" fst mid and tweeter on top. And a guess the new cm6 as rear speakers. Its a dame shame. Just my 2 cents. And why all the hush hush for this.
        Agreed Mikael. I'm definitely intrigued by the CM6 but was hoping for a new line which was perhaps a bit closer to the PM1's level of technology and finish. Still, I can't wait to audition these new speakers.

Comment

• Patrick Butler
          • Jan 2014

Hi Mikael,

For the record, every driver, cabinet, crossover, wiring harness and binding post has been redesigned.

The cabinets have visually changed the least, but in every other technical way all the CM Series has been improved. The reality of placing a tweeter on top for a center channel is that the vast majority of consumers by furniture that makes it almost impossible to use a center with a tweeter on top. Have a listen to the new CMCS2, and I think you'll agree that it is a big improvement that blends seamlessly with CM10.

Best Regards,

Patrick

Comment

• Mikael
            • Aug 2007

Hi Patrick
            I know its a lot more than just a dressup. And I am going to have a listen today to the new cm6.
            Regarding to your comment a out furniture it my be right, but that didnt stop you (b&w) for making both center speakers in the 800 series with center on top.
            To my experience the 4" fst does not sound the same as the 6".
            But Ill say that the new series looks better than the old.
            best Mikael

Comment

• lastexit
              • Feb 2011

Hi Patrick
              And I am going to have a listen today to the new cm6.
              Hi Mikael, any comments on the CM6 you've heard today?

Comment

• Mikael
                • Aug 2007

Hi lastexit
                It was fresh out of the box nearly. But it had a very beautyful and coherent sound. It is a least 10 times better than the old cm5 and has a little more low end power and a way better mid and treble.
                Best Mikael

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"