X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fraise
    • Dec 2004

Which models have you owned?

just wondering what B&W models everyone here as owned in the past and now.

heres my timeline
    i started out with a pair of VM1's as main speakers
    bought an LCR60 with the intentions of buying 604's as my mains
    sold the LCR60 in favor of a CMC because it was a good deal and then i could get the CM6's
    went to my local shop to buy a set of CM6's and was offered a pair of CDM9 NTs' for $300 more so i couldnt say no.
    about a week later, traded in the CMC for a CDM CNT
    soon after getting the CDM's i got rid of my sony receiver and moved to a Classe SSP60 and used an old 2 channel amp temporarily until i could get a classe amp. not having an amp for the center channel i tried to simplify the system by trading in the whole CDM front setup for a pair of Nautilus 803's
    the 803's lasted about 4-5 months before trading them in for a pair of martin logan Ascents.
  • Dutch in USA
    • Jan 2005

Before having B&W I owned a pair of Audiolab (.nl) MarkII speakers. 3 way with 2 bass units. This is a small Dutch manufacturer that excelled at that point in time. I always looked at the B&W's but I have an expensive taste which I could not satisfy at the age of 18...

Some years later I replaced my entire HIFI set up in a matter of months. I bought 4 CDM7SE's plus the CDM CSE, I played more music/movies then ever with the largest smile on my face ever.

I do not like the follow ups of this range so I comfortably stuck to this line up for some years, which influenced my budget in a positive way :wink:

Last year I went for an upgrade an decided to focus on stereo as that is my primairy use. A pair of S805 were 1st choice.

Some months ago I upgraded to the 802's. I still have the CDM's to complement the HT set up. I just cannot part with them as they still do their trick, and getting surrounds in the N8 series I cannot justify. usage/listen time.

Comment

• Fraise
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Dutch in USA
      I always looked at the B&W's but I have an expensive taste which I could not satisfy at the age of 18...
      i'm very much the same but by age 20 i had a pair of 803's listening to a pair of 801's when i was 17 is what got me started.

Comment

• Mark_C.
        • Jan 2003

Let's see....

I started with the CDM7SEs and CDMCSE for my home theater (replacing Klipsch). I then picked up a pair of 601S2s for my rears. About a year later, I sold the CDM7SEs because I felt they were a waste for HT (better in two-channel setups), and that was my priority. I replaced the CDM7SEs with CDM1SEs. Last year, I sold the CDM1SEs and CDMCSE and moved up to the Nautilus 805s and HTM2. I still have the 601S2s for rears however.
        Sick?? I'm not sick just because my house seems more like a speaker demo room. Am I?

Comment

• rick c
          • Aug 2004

Started w/ Marantz sr7000 with Def.tech. Procinema 100's.Then the upgrade to Rotel rsx1056 w/B&W 603s3 & lcr600.Still using a pr of promonitor 100's as surround until i can get the 601s3's.And still am using def.tech. 200tl sub.(pretty good still)

Comment

• dpolmann
            • Dec 2004

What a long strange trip it's been

Let's see...a few decades ago (wow, has it been that long??) I started with some truly hilarious homemade speakers then graducated to fine bookshelf models from Radio Shack :rofl: (hey, stop giggling). I moved up to Marantz separates with their Imperial 7 speakers. Kept those for 2 decades. Left those behind when I moved out; ex-wife probably still has them another decade later. I got a set of DCM Timeframe 600's. Low priced, but really cooked with those for a decade. Still have them in my second system. Sad that DCM has gone downhill so far since those days. :cry: I now have N804s, HTM2, and CCM80's plus a whole bunch of other speakers scattered in various rooms and outside.
            Don

Comment

• DanR
              • Dec 2004

B&W 604 Series 3
              B&W Matrix 803 Series 2
              B&W Nautilus 802
              B&W ASW 850
              :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

• htsteve
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

First Set:
                601's (still have these in the basement system)
                CC6 Center (gave to my cousin)

Second Set:
                P5 (Sold them)
                CDMC SE Center (Sold it)
                SCM8 rears (still using)

Current set:
                N804's
                HTM1

Comment

• luszer
                  • Feb 2003

First came the 601s, then CDM 1nt, then on to the 9nt. After the 9nt, went with 805s. Later added an HTM2. Currently using Sig 805s, just ordered the HTM4s and will also grab a ASW825 in the near future. Also will probably add 805S or SCMS for the rear channels.

Comment

• will1066
                    • Aug 2003

Started with the CM 4 and CM C. Then, I got a killer deal for a CDM 7NT pair for $1400 new in box. Swapped out the CM C for the CDM CNT. Then, I was hell bent on getting a pair of N804 but, sound wise, it didn't work out personally. So I put the money into an Arcam AV8. Also had an ASW 600, which I've replaced with an SVS PB10-ISD.

Comment

• Dutch in USA
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Fraise
                      i'm very much the same but by age 20 i had a pair of 803's listening to a pair of 801's when i was 17 is what got me started.
                      Not bad Fraise So either you have a larger budget then I had or your priorities are somewhat more focussed... (or both). I was already "outkast" with having a 5k hifi at that age. I guess I mingled with the wrong crowd
                      Enjoy the set up!

Comment

• Fraise
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Dutch in USA
                        Not bad Fraise So either you have a larger budget then I had or your priorities are somewhat more focussed... (or both). I was already "outkast" with having a 5k hifi at that age. I guess I mingled with the wrong crowd
                        Enjoy the set up!
                        well i think my priorities are a little out of wack seeing as my stereo is more expensive than my car and i still live at home with the parents. the other reason for getting what i got was the deals that were available when i went to purchase. is it crazy to have a classe SSP-60, a CAV-180 and martin logan ascents (previously nautilus 803's) in a 12x16 bedroom?? 8O

Comment

• junior77blue
                          • Nov 2004

Seems like a lot us start young....

I started out with paradigms, then upgraded to B&W P6, then 705s...and now 804s! I've just expanded the number of rooms with stereo's!! I hate selling used equipment...

Comment

• weijst
                            • Jun 2004

Front: DM602 (S1) => DM602 S3 => 705
                            Center: Sony (all in box) => LCR 60 S3 => HTM7
                            Rear: Sony (all in box) => DM602 (S1) => KEF Q1 => BNS (temporary solution)
                            Sub: Yamaha YST-SW320

(Reciever: Sony (all in box) => Onkyo (?) => Marantz SR5200 => Rotel RSP-1068/RMB-1075)
                            Last edited by weijst; 10 January 2005, 16:35 Monday.
                            Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• Mr. Mxyztplk
                              • Sep 2004

First set: Old Apartment days
                              Infinity RS 2000.6 - Fronts
                              Infinity RS 2000.3 - Rears
                              Infinity CC3 - Center
                              Infinity HPS-500 - Sub

Second Set: Home Theater in family room
                              Infinity RS 2000.6 - Fronts (from 1st set)
                              B&W CCM8 - Rears and Rear center
                              B&W CDM-CNT - Center (later replaced with Wharfdale)
                              Infinity HPS-500 - Sub (from 1st set, later mover to

Third Set: Home Theater in Den
                              B&W 602 S3 - Fronts
                              B&W CDM-CNT - Center (from 2nd set)
                              Sapphire Audio Surrounds - Sides and Rear Center (don't hate, got a great deal on 2 pair)
                              Infinity HPS-500 - Sub

Comment

• amirsafdari
                                • Dec 2004

i just purchased my first home theatre setup ever

602s3 - Rotel Rsdx02 - Paradigm PR10 Sub - VM1's for surrounds....and probably gonna get lrc60 centre

I am gonna be living in a 900sqft loft for quite a while, so i dont see too many upgrades in the near future.

for those that are into car audio...i've got..
                                Focal Utopia 165 fronts
                                Image Dynamics Chameleons rears
                                Image Dynamics 12" IDMAX
                                Three US AMPS powering it all

I'm also 22, and fraise (the thread starter and a good friend of mine) is the person that got me into audio equipment. I'm getting my VM1's from him

Comment

• Fraise
                                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by amirsafdari
                                  I'm getting my VM1's from him
                                  yup...once those are gone there will be no more B&W in my system. those were the first B&W speakers i owned.

fortunately they're being replaced with these

Comment

• Dutch in USA
                                    • Jan 2005

Fraise, you are every parents dream son
                                    My mom stopped understanding when I bought my 1st top HIFI grade piece: a DENON cassette deck (yes...those where the days :lol: ) at 16 "so what was wrong with the other one.."
                                    I think it is perfectly sane to have a hifi that fills up your room. My motto is "it will only get bigger". Keep mentioning this to any date you have, cause it takes a while before they realise you are not kiddin' :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"