X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony1
    • Sep 2007

Is htm2d tweeter housing removable?

Noticed that the black tweeter housing is less than 1/4" turned pointing to the left. Does anyone know how the black tweeter housing mounted to the cabinet and if its removable? I want to know if I will be able to straighten the housing out.

Thanks,
    Tony
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

Look at the drawings of your speaker here: http://bwgroupsupport.com/

Best of luck

Comment

• Tony1
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by aarsoe
      Look at the drawings of your speaker here: http://bwgroupsupport.com/

Best of luck

Thanks but unfortunately doesn't say how the tweeter housing is attached to the cabinet. Not sure if its glued on or how I will be able to reattach it to the cabinet once pulled off.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

I don't know exactly for sure, but I know there's a post that goes into the main cabinet and I'm guessing it's tightened down, there is a rubberish pad that holds the tweeter from making contact on the main cabinet, it's just a matter of removing the main kevlar driver to gain access to it (not sure if you can get to it easily by removing one of the bass drivers or not.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• TomScrut
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by PewterTA
          I don't know exactly for sure, but I know there's a post that goes into the main cabinet and I'm guessing it's tightened down, there is a rubberish pad that holds the tweeter from making contact on the main cabinet, it's just a matter of removing the main kevlar driver to gain access to it (not sure if you can get to it easily by removing one of the bass drivers or not.
          Bear I mind the FST driver has a specific torque setting. Might be an idea to try and find that out too!
          Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"