X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thinkdifferent
    • Nov 2006

B&W PV1 Any Good for USD-550/-

Hello All,

I need your expert advice on deciding a Subwoofer. my current setup is B&W CM7 Fronts / B&W CM centre / B&W 685 Souround.

I'm getting a good deal on demo subwoofer B&W PV1 (Old one) for USD-541,

and another old but unused still in packing Velodyne CHT-12Q for USD-591.
    Velodyne Link Here: http://www.avhub.com.au/index.php/Pr...All-Pages.html

and I'm confused as to which decession to take as I do not have any experience with either of them, while the sub will primarily used in HT and occasionally for 2Ch. (I like my CM7's without Sub) but I need to do the sub a good job hit the bottom end pretty nicely in movies.

any help in advising which way to go would be very helpful for me to make the decision.

thanks in advance for any help/suggestion.
    Regards
    Last edited by thinkdifferent; 08 May 2013, 01:44 Wednesday. Reason: Change of Heading
  • thinkdifferent
    • Nov 2006

OK I'll Rephrase my Question, Is PV1 any Good for USD-540/-?

Any Help Out There Please?

OK forget bout Velodyne Sub, Is B&W PV1 Demo any Good for USD-540/-?

Any input would be appreciated for helping me in making the decision.

Regards

Comment

• BVLDARI
      • Dec 2012

I've heard the current PV1 in stereo with 805D2s and it sounded much better than I expected. I believe the current model retails for something around $1,750 so at $540 it seems like a good deal. Considering the particular one you are looking at is open, I would ask your dealer for a demo and maybe they would be willing to demo the veoldyne as well. I have never heard any of the Velo products.

Comment

• Briz vegas
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

The original pv1 is a super clean sounding sub.

If you really want low frequencies without distortion it's a great piece of tech in a medium sized room. If you want rattle and woof low frequencies to impress the mates go elsewhere. I had one on loan years ago, I could not hear it, it just disappeared but the shelf up the other end of my hall rattled with the low frequencies it put out. It looks like a toy buy its a serious sub if you are serious about low distortion LF.
        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
        Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• thinkdifferent
          • Nov 2006

How do I know or identify if it is an original PV1? is there anything written anywhere? I know that PV!D is new and has Digital controls.
          P.S. actually i already for the sub for 500$'s but did not get a chance to connect it to my Rotel RSX 1067. any connections tips/tricks and suggested links would be helpful
          Thanks

Comment

• Briz vegas
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by thinkdifferent
            How do I know or identify if it is an original PV1? is there anything written anywhere? I know that PV!D is new and has Digital controls.
            P.S. actually i already for the sub for 500$'s but did not get a chance to connect it to my Rotel RSX 1067. any connections tips/tricks and suggested links would be helpful
            Thanks
            From memory it didn't have digital controls. I haven't compared or played with the new one.
            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
            Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"