WA quantum chips on 802 di for 80 euro. Super upgrade!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gerardhn
    • Jun 2005

WA quantum chips on 802 di for 80 euro. Super upgrade!

Hi,

Just want to share that WA quantum chips are very very very good upgrade!!
    Speakers become more detailled, head phone like. Unbelievable, actually
    I think for other high end speakers they have also good effect.
    Best upgrade for the money. Check internet for more information.
    I will not react, on inevitable standard discussions and reactions on: how possible, i dont understand, science, blind test, placebo etc etc..
    Pls check internet, give 80 euro a change to find out.
    For 802 di owners: I have laid them just above binding posts... between speaker house and the bottom connection, filter body.
    Happy listening.
    I would like to hear experiences from people who applied them ( so again: no science, super clever its impossible questions pls).
    Good luck!!!
  • Freddie40
    • Jun 2009

Sounds like an ad to sell this junk. Don't waste your time.

Dave
    Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 20 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable, Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

Comment

• gerardhn
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Freddie40
      Sounds like an ad to sell this junk. Don't waste your time.

Dave
      Dave, thx for your wisdom valued, based on listing experience contribution!!!!

Said differently: ..
      leave it ... dont waste my time on you! succes with your power plant.

Comment

• Freddie40
        • Jun 2009

If you could give me one example of how they work. Here is from VHAudio: "I don't know how they work". They are a piece of tape that you stick to your speaker and pouff, your speakers sound better. A bunch of BS.

Dave
        Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 20 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable, Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

Comment

• HedgeHog
          • Dec 2008

If you could give me one example of how they work. Here is from VHAudio: "I don't know how they work". They are a piece of tape that you stick to your speaker and pouff, your speakers sound better. A bunch of BS.

Dave
          Until you can give me one example of why they would not work, please don't make such bold statements...thank you.

Thx, Gerardhn, for the info. Did you try them in various spots prior to settling on above the binding posts?

For the record, I have the fuse chips placed on the bodies of HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses on the SSP-800, CA-5200, and 2 x CA-M400. The fuses were an eye opener to begin with; especially with their "directionality". Then the WA Quantum Chips added even more....I thought I may be returning them but they do effect the sound.

From what I've read, the fuse and transformer/coil chips make the most difference; then the speaker and capacitor ones. Apparently, the cable chip's results vary.

-Hedwig
          Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
          Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
          B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
          Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
          Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• gerardhn
            • Jun 2005

Hedge,

Yes the fuses are nice to start with to get belief in the chips. Only 2 e each.!
            Transformer and coils maybe nice, but than you have to open the equipment.
            So I asked dealer what is (for about the same money) better investment.. cables or speaker. He said speaker.
            I just have them, I did not change position.
            What is also a striking effect, is that the 802 Di stay more alive and dynamic at lower volumes...
            The price of this "upgrade" is peanuts compared to anything else.
            Thats why I share this.
            Next generation B&W will equipped with them standard. Haha

Comment

• stuofsci02
              Super Senior Member
              • Nov 2009

This is a waste of internet space....
              Main System:
              B&W 801D
              Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
              Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
              Oppo BDP-105
              Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
              B&W CM7
              Emotiva UMC-1
              Emotiva UPA-2
              Oppo BDP-83SE
              Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• wkhanna
                Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by stuofsci02
                This is a waste of internet space....

Quite possibly.

However what each of us hears in our mind, our "inner ear" as it were, is V real to the individual who hears it.

Whether placebo or with firm foundation in science, or interaction with space, matter & time, or unknown & undiscovered psychoacoustic interaction that is yet not measureable with today’s technology, mysteries do still exist in the universe.

I have heard that if you take a photo of your system, print it, place it in a tightly sealed Zip-Lock bag & place it in your freezer, after short period of time this system will develop improved sound quality. Said photo’s necessary proximity to the Tater-Tots is as yet not defined relative to the given amount of gain, however.
                _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Freddie40
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by wkhanna
                  Quite possibly.

However what each of us hears in our mind, our "inner ear" as it were, is V real to the individual who hears it.

Whether placebo or with firm foundation in science, or interaction with space, matter & time, or unknown & undiscovered psychoacoustic interaction that is yet not measureable with today’s technology, mysteries do still exist in the universe.

I have heard that if you take a photo of your system, print it, place it in a tightly sealed Zip-Lock bag & place it in your freezer, after short period of time this system will develop improved sound quality. Said photo’s necessary proximity to the Tater-Tots is as yet not defined relative to the given amount of gain, however.
                  Bill, You stated my point much clearer than I could.

Dave

Comment

• wkhanna
                    • Jan 2006

Dave
                    With all due respect, Dave, I am not sure we share the V same point of view.
                    I have seen no evidence these devices do not work.
                    For some it is quite possible these things do provide benefit.

If a charlatan sells me a potion for $100 & for whatever reason I feel better, what is the true harm?
                    If that same potion is sold for $1000, is it now an immoral or criminal act.
                    Also, if no science is given to support the claims, it is not proof there is no benefit

Is it likely there are benefits to be had by such devises……? Probably not.
                    Is it utterly & absolutely impossible…….? Definitely not.

As I have often stated:
                    To emphatically deny the existence of pink elephants based solely on the premise that one has not been detected is not consistent with the objective scientific method. It proves only that one has not yet been found.
                    _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• stuofsci02
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Nov 2009

With all due respect, Dave, I am not sure we share the V same point of view.
                      I have seen no evidence these devices do not work.
                      For some it is quite possible these things do provide benefit.

If a charlatan sells me a potion for $100 & for whatever reason I feel better, what is the true harm?
                      If that same potion is sold for $1000, is it now an immoral or criminal act.
                      Also, if no science is given to support the claims, it is not proof there is no benefit

Is it likely there are benefits to be had by such devises……? Probably not.
                      Is it utterly & absolutely impossible…….? Definitely not.

As I have often stated:
                      To emphatically deny the existence of pink elephants based solely on the premise that one has not been detected is not consistent with the objective scientific method. It proves only that one has not yet been found.
                      I cannot prove that there isn't a B&W 802Di orbiting Pluto, but that doesn't mean I have to entertain the possibility... The scientific method is used to produce a theory that is based on the known facts and then try to prove the theory wrong through testing/research etc.
                      Main System:
                      B&W 801D
                      Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                      Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                      Oppo BDP-105
                      Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                      B&W CM7
                      Emotiva UMC-1
                      Emotiva UPA-2
                      Oppo BDP-83SE
                      Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• JürgenW
                        • Jul 2004

I cannot prove that there isn't a B&W 802Di orbiting Pluto, but that doesn't mean I have to entertain the possibility... The scientific method is used to produce a theory that is based on the known facts and then try to prove the theory wrong through testing/research etc.
                        That's what I think, too.

Comment

• wkhanna
                          • Jan 2006

I am not insisting you must entertain the possibility that an 802di is orbiting Pluto, only that the possibility exists. Sort of like quantum mechanics or Schrödinger's cat.

Some of the most important & well known theories have been the product of simple thought experiment. Instead of asking "why?", ask "why not?"
                          _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• mjb
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

I am not insisting you must entertain the possibility that an 802di is orbiting Pluto, only that the possibility exists. Sort of like quantum mechanics or Schrödinger's cat.
                            A ha! Schrödinger's cat, an 802di, and a WA quantum chip together in a box. The observer cannot tell whether the cat hears an improvement or not, so the WA quantum chip simultaneously improves and degrades the sound. Perhaps thats what the "quantum chip" bit means.
                            - Mike

Main System:
                            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• leej
                              • Feb 2009

Research has to see possibility to spark the interest, first. Before spending on the research one has to feel that it is worth the effort. Maybe, it’s worth it if you can get others to invest, even if there is no possibility. But, find peace of mind in the fact that the placebo effect may be worth it to them. So, go ahead and take their money.
                              If I told you that I have a “chip” (piece of tape with a circuit drawn on it) to stick on your car’s computer that would magically increase your gas mileage up to 5%, would you invest $19.95 to try it. Don’t ask “Why?” Say “Why not?” and send me your money. I have lots of tape (I meant chips).
                              Of course, I’m kidding. But, if you would ask “why not” I would be glad to make a chip for you. Just send $19.95, plus shipping and handling. And, if you act now, I will add a second chip – absolutely free. Just pay the extra shipping and handling. Add 3% for pay-pal.
                              Lee J

Denon 4311ci; Rotel RB-1080; OPPO BDP-83 Universal Disk/Media Player
                              B&W 703 mains; B&W HTM2 Center; B&W CDM SNT-Surr; B&W CDM1nt-back; Pair of Rythmik F15 Subs

Comment

• wkhanna
                                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by mjb
                                A ha! , an 802di, and a WA quantum chip together in a box. The observer cannot tell whether the cat hears an improvement or not, so the WA quantum chip simultaneously improves and degrades the sound. Perhaps thats what the "quantum chip" bit means.

Excellent !!!!!!

Now that is keeping with the intended spirit of the thread !!!

The only problem now is that the actual act of listening for a change will itself change the resultant observation.

Oh, & hey Lee, I'll take two!

Too bad we can't photoshop an 802di into the video......
                                _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by leej
                                  Research has to see possibility to spark the interest, first. Before spending on the research one has to feel that it is worth the effort. Maybe, it’s worth it if you can get others to invest, even if there is no possibility. But, find peace of mind in the fact that the placebo effect may be worth it to them. So, go ahead and take their money.
                                  If I told you that I have a “chip” (piece of tape with a circuit drawn on it) to stick on your car’s computer that would magically increase your gas mileage up to 5%, would you invest $19.95 to try it. Don’t ask “Why?” Say “Why not?” and send me your money. I have lots of tape (I meant chips).
                                  Of course, I’m kidding. But, if you would ask “why not” I would be glad to make a chip for you. Just send $19.95, plus shipping and handling. And, if you act now, I will add a second chip – absolutely free. Just pay the extra shipping and handling. Add 3% for pay-pal.
                                  If you provide a money back guarantee like WA Quantum does, then sure, people will try it. If it works, it's a keeper, otherwise, you will have a few transactions to take care of.

Dave
                                  Funny you are have such bravado about this not working, yet you own a set of Transparent IC and SC. So have you quantified what's in the magic boxes? Do they work better than other raw cables and/or networks? Can you quantify the price increases over other options? You must have tried these cables prior to owning them (otherwise, you jumped in with greater fervour than us sticker folks). If you did hear them and like them, then what other reasons did you have to get these over other options?

I think the audio world is an interesting hobby. If it moves you (music reproduction-wise or just bling factor), it's "worth" pursuing. Actually, that's with any consumer goods. To simply blast it because YOU (or others) cannot explain it is simply close-minded and arrogant (flat earth, anyone?).

Since these tweaks are part of a business, the producer may not want to divulge the secret so they can get a leg up on their competitor. I would only blast these vendors as charlatans and snake-oil makes if their products do not work. If people buy it and claim there is no effect.
                                  Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                                  Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
                                  B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
                                  Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
                                  Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• PewterTA
                                    • Nov 2004

If they will send me a set to review... I'll do a double blind test and verify with WKHanna. I'm sure my system would be able to reveal any differences that the chips can provide....

However, there's no secret to them... they've been around since early 2000 under a couple different names I've seen them as. I have never purchased any mind you...so I can't comment on the ability to change. From what I've found out it's basically changing the resonance of the electrical signal when placed on the transformers, fuses, interconnects, and power cables. Placing them on speakers... I'm not sure the benefits they could produce as the only thing placing them on the cabinets would do, would have to deal with the vibration on the cabinet.

It's sort of reminds of the Qray braclet...which I've known people that really believe it works... and I've tried one myself and it did nothing but to then again to each his own.

Course I'm a person that uses an accupuncture mat and love it and see the relaxing benefits from it... others do not.

Like I said, I'd be happy to write up a completely thorough review if I was to get my hands on things...and if I had extra money laying around I'd buy some just to try them...but money at the moment is slated for real things like Maple Block Plinths under my 802Dis and some Classe equipment.
                                    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                                    -Dan

Comment

• gerardhn
                                      • Jun 2005

Despite some rubbish contribitions of a certain `freddie and scuoffsie..` i continue sharing

i played with the WA quantum chips.. now I put them betweem the cravice (space) between the marlan head and the tweeter!

effect in term of 3d expression, and tweeter response ... you can not believe. Its the most cheap upgrade.

so if you can afford 802 di, believe me .buy these WA chips. play with it! Cannot give you better advice

NB .I dont react on, `placebo` `blind test` `can not be possible``I dont understand, so not true` anymore.

Comment

• JürgenW
                                        • Jul 2004

Don't you think you gave that advice enough or are you on a mission?

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Mar 2005

I have a Nordost Odin power cord. According to many that makes me Mr gullible. Forking out all that cash on a fancy cable more expensive than most systems.

How did I end up with this cable. An audiophile friend had just bought one and turned up on my doorstep with it in a shopping bag and said you have to try this. End of story. I was not in the market for the cable. I was however disappointed with the way my 804s were sounding. What ever it did by way of filtering or whatever the 804s liked it a great deal. Maybe I should have looked for a bigger amp or other improvements first, but the cable sold itself and clearly I also had a moment of audiophile weakness. That being said I can still unplug the cable, plug in a lesser cable, and hear the sound field collapse and detail drop, and others have heard it also.

Now if someone turned up with bits of whatever to stick on my Vivids I would stop him right there. No one is sticking stuff to my high gloss speakers.

I'm open to tweaks, I have a hifi loaded with them. But this " sell " has my radar wound up.to ten on the bollocks meter. The only thing missing is the request for your bank account details. If the product has any merit it is being swamped by the arrogance and attitude of the OP. We are all born with an inbuilt radar for untrustworthy advice, I find its generally a good idea to trust that radar.

I call shenanigans on this one.
                                          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                                          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• gerardhn
                                            • Jun 2005

Sorry. I not on a mission, I get no money from what I say here. Iám not born with a radar. Or better said: i learned not to trust my radar (means "super clever" ego, nothing else) in case of hifi, hifi tweaks.
                                            I said: these things work, its a small investment on 14k euro speakers. It works. Give it a try. I said no more, no less. It didnt put myself in a higher position compared to anyone on who give his predictabe reply. This forum is for sharing experiences. Who shares his experience?

Comment

• Freddie40
                                              • Jun 2009

What I can't believe is that this thread hasn't been closed yet. Please Chris...

Comment

• Lex
                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                • Apr 2001

This thread appears to be a source of contention, therefore moderators decided to close it. I stand behind this decision.

It started out sounding rather much like an infomercial, even if from a long time member. We hold no ill will toward the original poster, or his idea, but at the same time, we don't endorse modifications to factory speakers either. Therefore, better for all around if we let this subject cool.

Good listening,
                                                Doug
                                                Doug
                                                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                Search Result for "|||"