X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miket
    • Oct 2004

Rotel Euro Series

Hello,
    I am wondering if forum users have used a mix of Rotel's Euro and Ten series components and what differences in sound quality they have noticed - e.g. RCD-02 versus RCD-1072 etc. I am looking to add a DVD-Audio/Video player to a Rotel Euro series 2.1 Channel hifi/HT [IMHO HT does not have to be multi ch!] and have been considering the RDV-1050 and RDV-1060 ... except the lack of HDMI which is a pity. Also they do not have a Euro Series styled DVD player - another pity!
    Many thanks in advance to answer my curiosity.

Miket
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

MikeT,

I compared the RCD-02 and RCD-1072 some time ago (late 2003). The RCD-1072 was a very emphatic leader in sound quality - clearer and more musical.

I also helped a friend by a stereo set-up with the Euro series pre-amp and the RMB-1070 driving Sonus Fabers... - very nice....

I have the Euro Series RT-02 Tuner - couldn't see the double price RT-1080 as being worth it for my limited FM listenning...

Bottom - line - the Euro series are positioned as great value, a step down in price and quality from the 10 series components, but are fully compatable with them...

Geoff

Comment

• miket
      • Oct 2004

Thanks Geoff,
      this was basically what I thought. I'll be hunting for a Rotel DVD player next year if they get HDMI, whether they make a "step down in price and quality" one for Euro Series or not we will have to see. I'm on a tight budget and am more than happy with what I hear from the RDC-O2 plus pre-power combo so far!

happy listening,
      MikeT

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"