• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yoda
    • Mar 2013

2x asw 610xp or 1 pv1 D?

Hi guys

im new here this is my first thread,so be gentle

i now own 685 running as front.center htm62 and rear is 686. and i want to upgrade to 683 that's for sure but i don't know if i should buy 2x 610xp or 1 pvd1d? what do you guys think?

my reciever is a older nad 773 and yester day i bougt a nad 218 thx to pull the 2 683s
    Nad 773,Nad 218thx,
    b&w 685
    b&W htm62
    b&w 686
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

I think a lot of it depends on if you are listening to music a lot or more just HT. If you are listening to music and that's more your focus, then I like 2 subs (even if slightly lesser quality than the one main one) with a sub on each side. This tends to fix nulls and room issues and gives you a really nice integration with your speakers. To me, and it's just my personal opinion, but you can somewhat tell where a sub is when there's only one and it's off to one side. Now if you could place it right inbetween your L/R speakers... that might make a difference...but I'm still a fan of each channel has it's own when it comes to that.

Course I've always listened without a sub, but almost always had full range speakers so I never felt the need. I'm building a set of bookshelve speakers from the DIY section...so I'm sure I'll pair that up with a sub or most likely two SVS or HSU subs. I love Bowers and Wilkins subs...but they are just a little too expensive when there's compareable out there that are cheaper.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Yoda
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by PewterTA
      I think a lot of it depends on if you are listening to music a lot or more just HT. If you are listening to music and that's more your focus, then I like 2 subs (even if slightly lesser quality than the one main one) with a sub on each side. This tends to fix nulls and room issues and gives you a really nice integration with your speakers. To me, and it's just my personal opinion, but you can somewhat tell where a sub is when there's only one and it's off to one side. Now if you could place it right inbetween your L/R speakers... that might make a difference...but I'm still a fan of each channel has it's own when it comes to that.

Course I've always listened without a sub, but almost always had full range speakers so I never felt the need. I'm building a set of bookshelve speakers from the DIY section...so I'm sure I'll pair that up with a sub or most likely two SVS or HSU subs. I love Bowers and Wilkins subs...but they are just a little too expensive when there's compareable out there that are cheaper.
      hi Pewter. i use them for both music and HT.but i do listen to a lot of music. i have never heard a system with 2 subs yet thats why i ask in here. i think the thing that worries me most is if i can get them dialed in right with the 683s i don't have audyssey in my nad 773. what hz should i start with to get to get them to match the 683s?
      Nad 773,Nad 218thx,
      b&w 685
      b&W htm62
      b&w 686

Comment

• leej
        • Feb 2009

I had trouble with nulls in my room. If I only listened from one spot, one sub would have served me well, but seats just to my right would suffer a lot. Dialing in 2 subs solved the problem in my room.
        Lee J

Denon 4311ci; Rotel RB-1080; OPPO BDP-83 Universal Disk/Media Player
        B&W 703 mains; B&W HTM2 Center; B&W CDM SNT-Surr; B&W CDM1nt-back; Pair of Rythmik F15 Subs

Comment

• Yoda
          • Mar 2013

thanks for your answers guys. sounds like 2 subs is the right thing to do i'll report back wenn subs and 683s is in the house and playing. then i'll give a update
          Nad 773,Nad 218thx,
          b&w 685
          b&W htm62
          b&w 686

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"