X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

B&W announce new P3 headphones

Bowers & Wilkins have announced that they are expanding their range of headphones with the introduction of the P3 portable on-ear headphones with an expected RRP of $199

Their design looks very similar to their bigger brother, the award winning B&W P5 headphones, however the P3 offers slightly different specification and the ability to be stored away a bit easier due to them being foldable. Being slightly lighter than the P5 the P3's are even more ideal for portable use, they are also 34 ohm load instead of the P5's 26 ohms making them alot easier to drive by portable devices.

The P3 has been made of custom fabric and aluminium to offer the best amount of comfort and functionality. The earpads have been made using memory foam and helps to promote long term use without fatigue. The aluminium helps to make the headphones as light as possible.

The P3s come with a choice of cables in the box with one having an iPhone remote/mic and another without.

The new P3 will be available in both black and white and is available for order now for an expected June 2012 release at just $199.

- Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100
  • sgtjim57
    • Dec 2008

Look interesting.
    Sony Bravia OLED A1E 55"
    SVS SB 2000 X 2
    Denon X4000 (Looking to upgrade due to 4K, ATMOS, DTSX)
    Oppo BDP 93
    Apple TV 4K
    B & W N804 Mains
    B & W 603 Rear surrounds
    B & W LCR 600 Center
    B & W CDS6 (Not in use)
    Sony TA N77ES (Not in use)

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

I'm enjoying my P5s right now, though I might well have gone with the P3 if it had been out when I bought my P5s. If they are anything like the P5, they should prove a good buy.

Comment

• mjb
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

I found this interesting:
        they are also 34 ohm load instead of the P5's 26 ohms making them alot easier to drive by portable devices.
        I always thought the P5 was a bit soft with an iPod on max volume, so the P3 should be louder.
        - Mike

Main System:
        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS

Comment

• Aquarius
          • Oct 2008

Luckily I had a chance to listen to them last friday on presentation in Zagreb. Much more balanced sound than P5 with great dynamics. They are very comfortable but with less noise isolation than P5.

They are looking great and finish is top notch.

Video on: http://bit.ly/KkNmV9

Comment

• phycomp
            • Jun 2012

Having read the very positive What Hifi review recently these B&W P3 headphones's seem to fit my needs, does anyone know when they will be available for sale? :T
            Last edited by mjb; 02 August 2012, 00:29 Thursday.

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

They started accepting orders today, and expect limited availability end of June/July.

Kevin D.

Comment

• EmilSA
                • Feb 2012

I also like these P3's - but I thought they were Bluetooth, since they weren't shown with cables. Only later did I figure out that they were cabled.

Comment

• mjb
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

No, they're not Bluetooth, but Bluetooth is banned on commercial flights so its a feature I'm not interested in...

I had a chance to compare both the P3 and P5 today, and in my opinion the P5 is worth every extra penny. I buckled, and bought the P5's.
                  - Mike

Main System:
                  B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"