X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

All you with headphones but no Dolby Headphone Processing

Okay so the wife constantly tells you to put on the "cans" so as not to wake her or the kids. I like my headphones but I got a taste of the Dolby Headphone track on Perl Harbour and began my quest for a receiver that incorporated this algorithm. Well I settled on a Panny Digital Amp...but no Dolby Headphone. Damn .

Still looking....I hunted around for a stand alone processor that might offer Dolby Headphone....they're out there but too expensive for my budget.

Thrustmaster to the rescue
    ======================
    Thrustmaaster????? The PC game controller guys :scratchhead:

Yup, you got it. Enter the Thrustermaster 510. DD and Dolby Headphone processing on the cheap...like $120 US :thud:

Read many reviews and it seems to work just fine. It holds the one technology I need and bridges between the Player/or receiver to the headphone. It has some downsides in that it's battery operated and a little cheap looking (and I can't find it in Canada yet).... but I thought I'd pass this on for anyone in the same situation and on budget.

# Dolby® Digital / Dolby® Pro Logic II / Dolby® Headphone decoder / amplifier box: the first portable unit ! Direct connection to “Optical/S/PDIF
    # 1 High quality, ergonomic Thrustmaster headphones
    # Dual Headphones connectors (to connect a second set of headphones-0.5m)
    # 2 AAA rechargeable batteries + AC adapter for unlimited use
    # RCA to stereo cable (2.5 m)
    # 2 optical cables (2.5m and 0.5m)
    # Optical /S / PDIF adapter
    # Female RCA to female 3.5mm Jack cable
    # Xbox to SCART cable with optical input (1.9m)
    # Pouch and belt clip to safely transport the decoder: enjoy surround sound anytime, anywhere.
    Review
    =====

Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Update to this....

Creative has demonstrated a competiting product....no details to be found yet other than it will offer a similar feature set and no price announced....

Keep an eye out for the HQ-2300D coming soon :T

Comment

• GregoriusM
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2000

Hmmmm.... I'd love to have DH on my receiver.
      Gregor

Comment

• Gordon Moore
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Feb 2002

As a side note, it looks like reports say that these little processors don't tie you to the headphones that come with the unit....though I can make use of a second set, since I want to keep the kids away from the Senns :T

I have to figure this will come in for around $150 CDN though it'd be nice if they offered the processor without the headphones....but I'm sure it'll be part and parcel. I can live with that....it beats buying a dedicated processor....which usually run $700 or more, but offer wireless.... could care less about that anymore. :T

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Hmmm.... wonder if these introduce any sound degradation to the signal, though?
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"